Chapala.com Webboard

Folks time to dump yahoo....really

lcscats

I've been having pretty good luck storing all my passwords in LastPass. Passwords that I could never hope to remember pop right up for me and I can have a different (and complicated!) password for every site. They claim to be unhackable but time will tell. There are both free and premium versions. 

Before Last Pass I used KeePassX. It, too, is effective but it is not as handy to use. KeePassX is free and open source.

matt

They claim to be unhackable but time will tell......

If the NSA gets information taken, what does that tell one?

IMO, the ONLY safe place to keep passwords is.... in your brain. OK, maybe on a piece of paper in the back of your desk drawer where even your spouse does not know it exists.  But that's just me....

Guest bennie2

the alternate email is for a verify code, not a password. that code never works as i said. i go thru this every 6 months. the security question option is not always available. after many attempts (clicking the "i do not have an alernate mail) that option appears. the answers are a no brainer, pet & aunt. my passwords are similar for many things. now, if you look on the forums (google) you will see that many people cannot get in even w/the correct password. if they get in then there is trouble w/the mail. i dont need yahoo to protect me since i dont bank online. i have a list of passwords for the inner workings for my mac, incase the tech needs them.  

Then there is something wrong with your computer or browser, because that alternate email and code, etc. works for everyone else. Just did another today. I did not say it was a great method, and I still would like everyone to get a second, different email... and over time leave your yahoo email in the dust.

Guest bennie2

didnt work 6 months ago doesnt work now w/either any browser. my safari needs to be upgraded. i use firefox too. there is no reason why it takes many trys to have them offer the security words options. happened last time as well. worldwide yahoo has many problems. hotmail was malfunctioning for along time as well. i still cant send attachments for the last 4 months. when you go to the forums you see people lose files & cant open the mail. now you know i dont have a smartphone cell phone, just a landline & this bs.

Guest bennie2

go to google. type in trouble w/hotmail, and trouble w/yahoo. you will see 100s of people from all over the world w/the same problems as i have. there are different forums as well for each email, and they go back several years. these forums were very helpful to me. hotmail changed it system like 4 months ago. businesses lost files or the mail dissapeared when you opened it. as for yahoo, check out the many problems for lockouts recently. go on these forums & help these folks. they are not so lucky to have mike the computer guy around.

Archived