Chapala.com Webboard

Does anyone have a Shaw satellite dish for sale? I have the receiver but right now the network is down and in speaking with others who are on the same account who are getting reception, I am wondering if I need a new satellite dish.

judybrick,

The first thing I suggest you try before replacing the whole dish is have one of the service companies come and do a test of the alignment and determine if the LNB's or multi-switch are working properly.  CP Electronics in Guadalajara do calls regularly in the Lakeside area and do excellent work.

STOP.... Shaw is having problems.  Below is from Shaw home page monday 7:30 am. Now you may have problems not related to shaw but It appears HD channels are having problems from local reports.

We apologize, technical issues are currently impacting ~70 channels and repairs are in progress.

From me:  Shaw HD appears out this morning still.   SD appears fine.

Under other circumstances:

First, always unplug the receiver for 30 seconds (this gives the box time to drain the electronics), then plug it back in and wait a few minutes. If you still have the same problem, go to your account page on the Web and do a manual "refresh" from there. If that doesn't do it, examine the issue: getting some channels and not others after the refresh? Then probably something is wrong at their end. In this case, they did post a very tiny bar across the top of the page after you went to your provinical ShawDirect site. Like "maybe they won't notice".

Since all Shaw boxes are capable of delivering notifications right across the bottom of the TV display, they could have easily issued such a notice as soon as they were aware of the problem. Why they did not is beyond me. It would have saved a lot of sweat.

Archived