Chapala.com Webboard

Home Depot Location

Zeb

We are planning a trip to the Costco via the Joco route, which is the only way we know to get there.  We would like to visit a Home Depot as well.  As I understand it, there is one in that direction.  Can someone tell me where it is or how to get there?

I

When you get onto Lopez Mateos after exiting Costco confine north east on LP towards Guadalajara. After 7 kilometers you will come to the periferico. The exit sign to México is just before the periferico. When you cross under the periferico move to the right lane and get on the lateral to LM. Home Depot is about 400 meters past the periferico. Just before you turn right off the lateral to HD you will pass the Coke plant.   

1 minute ago, cedros said:

I

When you get onto Lopez Mateos after exiting Costco confine north east on LP towards Guadalajara. After 7 kilometers you will come to the periferico. The exit sign to México is just before the periferico. When you cross under the periferico move to the right lane and get on the lateral to LP. Home Depot is about 400 meters past the periferico. Just before you turn right off the lateral to HD you will pass the Coke plant.   

Thanks a bunch.  Just to make sure,  we take the Joco route straight to Costco and it is on the right past a car dealership.  As there is more than one Costo, I want to make sure we are on the same page.  That's the one your directions go from, correct?

That is the one. The other Costco is more difficult to get to.

For getting to Costco I never notice the car dealership. Instead I know I have to get to the right and exit to Costco shortly after seeing a 3 story stone building on the right of LM.

33 minutes ago, cedros said:

That is the one. The other Costco is more difficult to get to.

For getting to Costco I never notice the car dealership. Instead I know I have to get to the right and exit to Costco shortly after seeing a 3 story stone building on the right of LP.

I am not sure about the North east part.  When we exit the parking lot, are we simply continuing on our route, which would be turning right outside the parking lot?  Guadalajara driving being difficult, is the way back by just doing the reverse?  I have found that things are not so simple here.

When you exit if you turn right you will be going north east on LM

The reverse isn't quite the reverse. When you exit Home Depot you have to turn right on the LM lateral. Stay on the lateral and try to keep on the left lane of it. After about 5 or 10 minutes (you will see a large MacDonalds sign on the right ahead). You come to a glorieta (roundabout) where there is a light you take the first left (before you actually enter the glorieta) and this gets you going  back in the direction you came from. At first you will be on the lateral of LM going south west. When you can, get onto LM. Stay to the left following signs that say Colima and it is smooth sailing to Jocotepec. LM becomes highway 80. After about 20 or so minutes you exit where the sign says Mazamitla to highway 15 which takes you to Joco.

Home Depot is at the centre of this map on LM and Calle Av. Iteso.

https://www.google.com.mx/maps/@20.6187185,-103.4185621,14z?hl=en

Leaving Home Depot to return back to South Lopez Mateos I find it actually easier to take the exit facing the entrance of the store itself, turn right. Take that street to the end. It  will take you to the lateral for the Periferico. Take the Periferico to the exit for Lopez Mateos Sur. You'll then be heading south. Faster and I think less traffic.

Home Depot is 5 km further north on the Carretera from Costco (See map below)

3 photos below are landmarks on the way.

#1    You will pass under the periferico at kilometer 4.5, recognizable by the 4 green signs in photo 1.

#2     100 meters after passing under the periferico, the road will split, and you will take the

right branch, which becomes the lateral. Photo 2 is an older photo, and the split is now marked by 2

flashing lights on the concrete abutment that divides the split.

#3      200 meters after the split, you will see the 'Sam's Club' sign in photo 3. 50 meters past this sign is

a right-turn lane for the entrance into the Home Depot parking lot.

Map_Costco_HD.jpg

Photos_Costco_HD.jpg

9 hours ago, dcstroker said:

Leaving Home Depot to return back to South Lopez Mateos I find it actually easier to take the exit facing the entrance of the store itself, turn right. Take that street to the end. It  will take you to the lateral for the Periferico. Take the Periferico to the exit for Lopez Mateos Sur. You'll then be heading south. Faster and I think less traffic.

That route had been closed last time I looked.

6 hours ago, puro guero said:

Home Depot is 5 km further north on the Carretera from Costco (See map below)

3 photos below are landmarks on the way.

#1    You will pass under the periferico at kilometer 4.5, recognizable by the 4 green signs in photo 1.

#2     100 meters after passing under the periferico, the road will split, and you will take the

right branch, which becomes the lateral. Photo 2 is an older photo, and the split is now marked by 2

flashing lights on the concrete abutment that divides the split.

#3      200 meters after the split, you will see the 'Sam's Club' sign in photo 3. 50 meters past this sign is

a right-turn lane for the entrance into the Home Depot parking lot.

Map_Costco_HD.jpg

Photos_Costco_HD.jpg

Rechecking Google maps today it is 4 kilometers along LM from Costco to the periferico not 7? I should nave turned the light on.

The pictures above are very helpful.

30 minutes ago, cedros said:

That route had been closed last time I looked.

Unless they closed it just recently, I was there last week and it was open. At one time you were able to take a right turn about a block from Home Depot and go down to the periferico, that has been closed for awhile. If you continue down the street until you come to where the Pemex station is there's an entrance to the periferico there.

On 10/2/2016 at 6:17 PM, cedros said:

I

When you get onto Lopez Mateos after exiting Costco confine north east on LP towards Guadalajara. After 7 kilometers you will come to the periferico. The exit sign to México is just before the periferico. When you cross under the periferico move to the right lane and get on the lateral to LP. Home Depot is about 400 meters past the periferico. Just before you turn right off the lateral to HD you will pass the Coke plant.   

What does LP stand for?

43 minutes ago, Zeb said:

What does LP stand for?

It is LM-Lopez Mateos.

So it is easy to get to Home Depot from Costco but two ways to get back on to LM to return to Joco. I'm not sure which way is easier on the return but I'm sure either will work for you. Not too difficult. Did you print out the Google map?

13 hours ago, cedros said:

It is LM-Lopez Mateos.

So it is easy to get to Home Depot from Costco but two ways to get back on to LM to return to Joco. I'm not sure which way is easier on the return but I'm sure either will work for you. Not too difficult. Did you print out the Google map?

I did.  Thanks a bunch.  So, those.  Now I would like to learn how to get to the other places to shop.  Evidently, there is a Galerias Mall.  We can't always find what we want at Costco.

To get to Galerias Mall from Joco you exit on to the periferico just before that same Home Depot but that part of the periferico going to Galerias is under construction. If you wait a bit it will be finished. If you can't wait I have alternate instructions.

The easiet

Archived