Chapala.com Webboard

Home for beautiful pure male Seal Point Siamese cat

A friend of mine passed away and although this cat is a gem, I already have one that is female and she really does not like him.  He does not claw furniture, is affectionate and not jumpy at all.  He goes outside but was hoping for someone with a good size yard who will really give him the love and attention he deserves.  He originally had a chip but there is no denying that he is pure bred.  Please PM if interested.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE..... wherever he goes, especially since he is used to going outside, he will have to be kept totally indoors for at least 2 - 4 weeks while he learns he has a new family as well as a new home.  Cats are much more territorial than dogs, and if  suddenly let out, even by their own family, in a new place, will often leave and look for their old digs.

Add to this the trauma of losing his "parent" and.......

Can't take him (house is full) but (1) how old? (2) neutered? (3) any chance of a photo?  Happy to help with the re-homing search.

34 minutes ago, Natasha said:

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE..... wherever he goes, especially since he is used to going outside, he will have to be kept totally indoors for at least 2 - 4 weeks while he learns he has a new family as well as a new home.  Cats are much more territorial than dogs, and if  suddenly let out, even by their own family, in a new place, will often leave and look for their old digs.

Add to this the trauma of losing his "parent" and.......

Can't take him (house is full) but (1) how old? (2) neutered? (3) any chance of a photo?  Happy to help with the re-homing search.

Natasha...you are absolutely right about keeping him in 2-4 weeks. Tina whose Dad runs Hotel Perico had her cat at Dr. Pepe Magana's and he escaped. Nine days later he showed up at Hotel Perico! That is from Ribera's to the middle of the Libramento.

hope he finds a good home. We are dog people

Sorry off topic but a good story.

We did a house sale when the cat showed up, the lady cried, they adopted the cat to a lady in El Dorado, house sitter accidentally let the cat out and it was gone, 6 months later it showed up at the original owners house in West Ajijic a little on the thin side, so they called the adopted Mom and she got him back before they moved away.

4 hours ago, lcscats said:

We took one of the feral LCS cats that we managed to capture to Riberas to be fixed.  She escaped from Pepe and walked back to LCS in one day from Riberas.  Cat disappeared lately but I always think of that cat walking home. 

That gives me pause as this is the 2nd cat I know of that escaped from Pepe's. Pepe loves the animals so much and tries so hard...he just has too many there. 

On 9/30/2016 at 2:48 PM, jausten09 said:

A friend of mine passed away and although this cat is a gem, I already have one that is female and she really does not like him.  He does not claw furniture, is affectionate and not jumpy at all.  He goes outside but was hoping for someone with a good size yard who will really give him the love and attention he deserves.  He originally had a chip but there is no denying that he is pure bred.  Please PM if interested.

Still waiting for more info (as requested by more than one responder) so we can all pitch in and re-home Sir. Siam......... unless of course you've already managed, in which case please let us know so we can all cheer and move on to helping the next needy kitty.

This is a good lesson for all of us. If you take on responsibility for helping to rehome an animal by posting on local web boards, Facebook,  and/or other social media, please be dedicated to following through. Also, remember not to be rude and thoughtless to those who asked questions and became emotionally invested in helping you by not returning to the post you started.

Archived