Chapala.com Webboard

Yard Waste pick up day in Riberas?

annied

Does anyone out there know what day the trash truck picks up yard waste?  Our gardener puts the yard clippings in large plastic bags and we put them out with the trash today.  They took the trash but not the yard waste.  Is there a certain day they will pick this up?  Gracias!

ok, so each neighborhood must be different.  Here, regular trash pickup is Tuesday and Saturday, green waste Thursday.

1 hour ago, bdmowers said:

ok, so each neighborhood must be different.  Here, regular trash pickup is Tuesday and Saturday, green waste Thursday.

In Riberas??  I've lived in Ribsras over 10 years and trash days have always been Wednesdays and Saturdays.  And I have never been aware of any pickup of yard debris.  Most gardeners just throw it in the empty lots, of which there are many.  Even when CFE trims trees interfering with electric lines they just leave the debris lying in the street for residents to clean up.  I have also seen little sign of separating recyclables.  I bag cans and plastic separately and somebody usually come along early and "steals" that bag but I have never had any indication that garbage collectors are interested in collecting papa or glass for recycling.  Am I missing something about the garbage service in Riberas?

As I said, our trash is picked up on Tuesdays and Saturdays and our green waste on Thursdays. That is what is true on my street.  You can relate your particular experience on your street as many times as  you want, but it will not change the trash schedule on my street!  Could it be that the schedule is different in different places in Riberas? No! Not in Mexico where everything is so completely uniform and regulated and never changes! ;)

Here`s an idea: why don`t we let people who move into Riberas ask other people on their street when the clinky clanky trashmen come visiting? Just a thought!

7 hours ago, bdmowers said:

As I said, our trash is picked up on Tuesdays and Saturdays and our green waste on Thursdays. That is what is true on my street.  You can relate your particular experience on your street as many times as  you want, but it will not change the trash schedule on my street!  Could it be that the schedule is different in different places in Riberas? No! Not in Mexico where everything is so completely uniform and regulated and never changes! ;)

Here`s an idea: why don`t we let people who move into Riberas ask other people on their street when the clinky clanky trashmen come visiting? Just a thought!

The topic is Riberas, not Ajijic.

15 hours ago, SunshineyDay said:

hmm I get garbage and yard debris pickup mon, wed and fri except when the weather is really bad. I am in Riberas.

Where are you located in Riberas?  That may make a difference.  I'm in upper Riberas on Santa Margarita.  If I'm mistaken about trash pick up days on my block then all of my neighbors are just as mistaken too as they all put their garbage out on Wednesdays and Saturdays and it is all magically gone by the end of the day.  I've never seen anybody put out yard debris nor have I seen the trash guys pick any up.   Now I have seen more trash on the street after they pass by because anything that doesn't reach the truck when the guy on the ground tosses the garbage can up to the guy on the truck or anything that falls off the truck on their route is never picked up by them.

5 hours ago, Lulugirl said:

The topic is Riberas, not Ajijic.

13 hours ago, bdmowers said:

Your profile says you live in Ajijic.  Do you actually live in Riberas instead?  Upper or lower? Many people on my block have been here over 10 years.  Apparently we are all deluded into thinking that trash days are Wednesdays and Saturdays.  Now I won't be able to sleep wondering who is stealing all that trash every Wednesday and Saturday for over 10 years . . . and why ?. 

Archived