Chapala.com Webboard

Business closed and Maria needs work!

Natasha

"Take it there yourself" water place for garrafon refills in the long mall at the west end of Ajijic, south side of carretera and near Hacienda Restaurant, suddenly closed sometime between Aug 8 and Sept 5. Lucky for me I've learned of a new one closer to home so no problem for me.

BUT ---- MAJOR problem for Maria (aka MAH-ree), the lady who cheerfully and efficiently had dispensed water to me for the whole eleven years she worked there.

I met her on the street today, pounding the pavement looking for work. She said they had marched in one morning and announced "get your things--- we are closing---- and by the way, sigh this paper and take the amount we are prepared to give you (was not anywhere close to her correct finiquito) or you get nothing"! Of course, since she was in shock at losing her "secure" job, and because she knew nothing of how to fight this injustice, she took what they gave her and has been looking for work ever since.

I asked what she would/could do.  ANYTHING, Señora..... housecleaning, babysitting, caring for the elderly, etc. --- except I cannot cook!

This gal is around 35'ísh, understands quite a bit of English but is reluctant to try and speak much. Lives in Chapala, but was going all the way to west Ajijic 6 days a week so draw your own conclusions. She's happy, friendly, always ready to lend a hand, and always was fast and good at cleaning the garrafons and preparing the fresh ones. I never once saw a day when she sulked or pouted.

if you can help her, please give her a call  (cell) 331-460-4640. (She gladly gave permission for me to publish her number.)

Please help her if you can!

She does not see the board, nor does she read English. And I can't even call her to tell her about it because I have no idea myself where it is!

Since she was VERY clear that does not want a cooking job, I would suspect that would apply to all things kitchen-related, BUT if you tell me where it is, I'll call her.   Thanks jrod.

The City Sandwich food truck is parked immediately to the east of  (next door) la Casa del Waffle, mountainside on the carretera, and is in the same strip center with the drycleaner and a small condo complex. It's probably 1/4 mi from where she used to work. Hope she finds work.

Go down from Farmacia Guadalajara corner in Ajijic towards the lake. It's on SE corner at Constitucion.  Costs 2 pesos more than the old place but (1) really good taste, and (2) you don't have to wait for them to wash the bottles.... at least I didn't the other day. they simply took 4 "fresh" ones off the rack and took mine in "trade".

On 9/28/2016 at 5:37 PM, Natasha said:

Go down from Farmacia Guadalajara corner in Ajijic towards the lake. It's on SE corner at Constitucion.  Costs 2 pesos more than the old place but (1) really good taste, and (2) you don't have to wait for them to wash the bottles.... at least I didn't the other day. they simply took 4 "fresh" ones off the rack and took mine in "trade".

I would really be concerned about water that has any sort of "taste" to it.

Archived