Chapala.com Webboard

Uber targets senior market

CHILLIN

i could see it for an emergency if you choose. as for everyone staring into phones: better than smoking as a nervous habit. @ least i dont breath your smoke. its the screaming into to phone which is dispicible. they answer the ring like a trained dog. they do it on checkout lines, while climbing stairs on a bus. its a sickness. people have little control. no human being has to yapper all day. i had a cell phone in US but no one knew the number, it was to call a cab only. maybe to see if a store was open. i would sit down on a bench & make a quick call. i did call friends while in the airport waiting for a flight. always had a landline as well. when i go out now i am 100% DIS connected. no cell no tablet no nothing. may be dangerous if i fall.

11 minutes ago, RVGRINGO said:

The point is:  Some seniors cannot see well enough to read anything on a cellphone screen, or even find the correct buttons on any small phone, or other device. 

RV, you said it all! My eyes are good enough to pass a NOB motorcycle drivers license test (written and road) without "corrective lenses" but not nearly good enough to comfortably read a smart phone screen. Also, my big chubby fingers have a heckuva time tapping on those tiny little keys. 

To get back to the original post- although many seniors are capable of and do use smart phones and download apps, if a company is serious about capturing the "seniors market", they would do much better by making their company phone friendly- as in pick up the phone, and actually have a human being answer without having to punch in another 6 numbers.

Archived