Chapala.com Webboard

Residente Returning to Mexico

Judy

We got our Residente status last year. Last April we left Mexico for Europe. At the airport INM counter we received the form we were required to complete, and the agent told us to only complete the bottom part. We did so, and upon checking in,  the form (top and bottom) was taken from us. Now we are returning to Mexico, and we understand that we are required to hand in the other half of the form upon arrival,  which appearently we were supposed to keep. We do not have it. Can someone please give us advice on how we should handle this? Many thanks in advance.

It is not an issue. Just complete another FMM and indicate your visa status.

saludos

Sonia

At the Guadalajara airport, they typically take the entire form from you. However, I ask them to give me the bottom portion and tell them it is needed upon departure.  They say I don't need it. I tell them I do and they give it to me each time.  I suggest you simply ask to them to give you the bottom portion as well.

Go to immigration at the airport get your FMM form filled out. Go to the check-in counter and they will return part of the form for your return trip (and fill it out at your convenience). On your return flight they will issue you an FMM form. But you should have your form already full out. They will also issue you a Mexican questionnaire to be filled out. And It is in Spanish. Remember to write either permanent resident (PR) or temporary residence (TR) one top of both portions of your FMM.

Archived