Chapala.com Webboard

Guadalajra Airport ,Protests

lakeside7

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was just there on Thursday. That was one of the bad days.  Parking lot main entrance closed. Took about 20 min to get to the terminal. The farmers ( ejido)  seems to decide when to protest. Who knows. You could check the news in the morning ( informador) to see. There is also major construction going on . The police were there I assume to keep the road open.

This is the second time I have seem them there. Usually not  a big deal. Last time about 6 months ago, just had the parking lot closed. It was blocked off with a BMW X5. Kind of funny to me. Just want money.

If you want to be safe leave 20-30 min early.

Ejido = Extortion.  These people make more money off lawsuits and extortion than farming the land. 

Can't the federal or state government do something to prohibit this?  Don't these protesters realize that by inconveniencing people at an international airport, they are harming everyone's economy (including their own) by pissing off tourists and business visitors?

Everyone loses in the end...

22 minutes ago, suegarn said:

Can't the federal or state government do something to prohibit this?  Don't these protesters realize that by inconveniencing people at an international airport, they are harming everyone's economy (including their own) by pissing off tourists and business visitors?

Everyone loses in the end...

http://www.fundar.org.mx/mexico/pdf/CIDH_Informe_Final_Protesta30Octubre2014.pdf

Google Translation:

"Human Rights and Social Protest in Mexico

The social protest can be understood in different ways. Whether conceived as a right autonomous, or as one of the variants of the exercise of other rights such as freedom of expression and of assembly, all contain the same logic. The demonstration as an element essential of all democratic societies. Is at the same time, a channel to express dissent, disagreement and dissatisfaction with government actions by individuals and communities. In addition, it is a catalyst for open discussion of public issues. A mechanism of political participation and an instrument of defense and guarantee of many other rights that are inherent to human dignity.

The protest is an integrated and essential element of democratic order. As essential core of democracy operates as a guarantee of rights. Is a protection device and self governance, understood as a mechanism of action in which the holders of a right use direct channels to its demand or defense, especially against the inefficiency of the mechanisms existing legal and governmental indifference to a social problem. The right to social protest integrates and uses the constitutional rights of assembly, expression of ideas and free expression, association and petition, among others. Hence the complex legal nature and their interaction: a right composed of other rights that serve as a means to protect, enforce and to force any other right or rights. At the same time it operates as an autonomous right whose development is pending in the International Law of Human Rights.

In a democracy, there are different principles that function as necessary and indispensable elements (such as conditions or preconditions democratic) to be met effectively by the state. The absence, injury or detachment of these principles, the system away which concerned a truly democratic system. Where these principles have been superseded or forgotten, the idea of democracy can not be sustained. Thus, the pluralism, diversity, tolerance, participation, respect and recognition of others, self-determination or autonomy, among others, are principles that must be guaranteed by the state. They are transverse to the social protest; It is from their respect and strengthening, the protest can be exercised fully and adequately in democratic terms.!"

Protests and demonstrations, in which the rights are exercised freedom of
expression, assembly, petition, among others, have also been affected: in some states have
produced violent incidents in different gears criticism of government policies. Yes
While there have been cases of violence by protesters, it has also been documented
existence of arbitrary arrests, unfair prosecutions, distortion of evidence, use
excessive force by the authorities and even torture."

They are allowed to get a permit and protest if they want.

I was there at noon today picking someone up.  The parking lot is blocked off so people are parking along one side of the approach road -- which narrows traffic down to one lane.  If they could keep both lanes open the delays wouldn't be so bad--you'd only have to deal with all the construction....

Well thats nice ficklepie when can I come over and block the door to your house?   Oh thats different.  No its not. Anytime you take another persons rights away it is wrong and this is wrong.  I well understand everything and I have done some reading but they need a way to poke the government not the people.  I have no respect for these people as I have no respect for certain movements in the US taking over city council meeting or blocking traffic.  My rights are as important as anyones rights no more no less.  Go block city hall and stop government. Leave the airport alone. I can't imagine this helping the long term cause in any way form or manner.   

I disagree about Ejido = extortion. The vast majority of desirable development land left in Mexico is held by either Ejidos or large corporate trusts with clouded shareholders. When an eminent domain clash comes about (government seizure of property for the "public good") why is it always Ejidos that have to suffer, while private property owners and corporations are never touched? For the Ejidos, this is giving away their future legacy. Saying this, I know a real estate lawyer who also specializes in the process of converting Ejido lands into private hands in Nayarit and Jalisco. This is the only way to acquire small pieces of prime, recreational properties, for not a lot of money (because so many investors are afraid, or at least ignorant, of Ejido process). The Ejidos benefit from this, building sewers, roads, to sustain and improve their small farming communities at the pace they collectively agreed upon. This good for Mexico. Corporations just put a fence up, an all inclusive hotel, then sell building lots. Apparently, a lot of the money into these types of projects is "dirty" money - which does not benefit Mexico whatsoever. What is at stake, again apparently, all public beach access to Banderas Bay in Nayarit is now blocked. The beaches are public, but the access to them is not. A Mexican family day at a wild, natural beach, which many of the Banderas/Nayarit beaches still are - gone forever. I hope the government officials, and their corporate cronies, who allowed this to happen, choke on their accursed money.

The courts ruled five months ago that the airport land was indeed Ejido land, stolen from them in 1975. The Airport had seven days to pay up. Nothing but silence. I would be angry too.

14 hours ago, ficklepie said:

By inconveniencing the rich and privileged (i.e. the everyday people), they attack the government. You can't attack the government directly. You go to jail. Or you spend your life in exile in the jungle in Chiapas.

Since when are the Everyday People the rich and privileged????

4 hours ago, CHILLIN said:

. What is at stake, again apparently, all public beach access to Banderas Bay in Nayarit is now blocked. The beaches are public, but the access to them is not. A Mexican family day at a wild, natural beach, which many of the Banderas/Nayarit beaches still are - gone forever. 

What a load of rubbish... 

As of March 2016 there was still access to the beach on the Bay of Banderas. 

Access is not wide open but there are many streets/roads that run down to the beach..

On September 24, 2016 at 4:55 PM, Cronopio said:

I was there at noon today picking someone up.  The parking lot is blocked off so people are parking along one side of the approach road -- which narrows traffic down to one lane.  If they could keep both lanes open the delays wouldn't be so bad--you'd only have to deal with all the construction....

Having arrived GDL this afternoon (Sunday), I can confirm that the airport parking garage remained blocked off as of 3:00 pm and that the arriving auto traffic was backed up nearly to the freeway.

Maybe the Ford Executives will fly into GDL before deciding to expand their manufacturing at SLP. It can always turn out like it did for the Tire Manufacturing at El Saltos. They couldn't deal with the unions and just packed up and left. The government wouldn't let them take their manufacturing equipment when they left. The Union said it would use the equip and manufacture the tires themselves. I know at three years in they still hadn't made a usable round tire. Companies need to understand this stuff.

Archived