Chapala.com Webboard

Great breakfast coming!

heidinrick

I don't know if this is the right place for this thread but the worst that can happen is that it gets moved. In the last 10 days, we've probably had 10-12 people asking if we were opening another restaurant....the answer is absolutely not! We have however been "hired" by 2 gentlemen who have recently moved here from Puerta Vallarta and want to open a breakfast joint. We are helping them and they will be serving most of the breakfast dishes we served at the Early Bird Cafe. At this time all I can say is that it will be located at the Plaza Suites across from the plaza and will be called Jimmy D's Rainbow Cafe.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, the same hash browns we served with bacon and onions yum! James also is going to do scrambled eggs with cream cheese. When our band played in Miami we went to a small place called "Pumperniks" for breakfast and they served that...it was fantastic! Heidi and I are very excited about their new place!

We have 2 dogs that we never take to restaurants. Not because of rules and regulations but because they are spoiled rotten and would want to sit on our laps while we ate....that's out. My question is with all these discussions about dogs why has no one ever brought up Yve's? Please don't get me wrong, Sandi and I go to Yve's frequently. We love the restaurant, Yve is a great guy and most of the time Sandi brings "treats" for the burros! But, my question is if dogs aren't allowed.....?  

Easy to start an adult restaurant - on the menu, price children portion meals starting at $250 U.S.! Likewise, if restaurants can charge a "corkage" fee if you bring your own wine, why not charge a "dogage" fee for the pet owners who can't even go to a restaurant without their fur kids.

Mike

I don't know about Yve's. The dog thing isn't that big of deal. There are several of us who walk 3 mornings a week with our dogs and we conclude the walk with breakfast. We have our restaurants that allow dogs and when a new one pops up, I just ask if dogs are or are not allowed. 

12 hours ago, tomgates said:

Discussed already. Pets in food prep areas, no. Otherwise, at the option of the owner. 

Tom, please don't give out wrong information.  Read the past thread where the law was quoted.  No option for the owner except deciding to break the law, or not.

1 hour ago, CBGUY said:

We have 2 dogs that we never take to restaurants. Not because of rules and regulations but because they are spoiled rotten and would want to sit on our laps while we ate....that's out. My question is with all these discussions about dogs why has no one ever brought up Yve's? Please don't get me wrong, Sandi and I go to Yve's frequently. We love the restaurant, Yve is a great guy and most of the time Sandi brings "treats" for the burros! But, my question is if dogs aren't allowed.....?  

Yves is the worst offender.  His dog lies in the kitchen doorway.  He's a good guy, which is probably why no one turns him in to the health dept..  Either that, or he has the right connections. 

I dine there frequently, but usually sit in the "indoor" section to avoid flies, fleas and mosquitoes.  It's better without them sharing my food or my blood.

19 hours ago, tomgates said:

Dog friendly?

Hi Tom! The 2 guys who are opening this restaurant are your neihhbors James and Don. Geat guys! I told them that no matter what they do, they're going to catch flack from someone. All I know is their food will be great and that they're leaning heavily towards "pet friendly"!      Rick 

3 hours ago, gringal said:

Yves is the worst offender.  His dog lies in the kitchen doorway.  He's a good guy, which is probably why no one turns him in to the health dept..  Either that, or he has the right connections. 

I dine there frequently, but usually sit in the "indoor" section to avoid flies, fleas and mosquitoes.  It's better without them sharing my food or my blood.

I guess I just don't get it! If the flies, mosquitos etc, etc bother you so much, why do you "dine there frequently"? To me, that's like going to a topless bar, complaining about the nudity, and, then returning! I guess complaining is just in some people's DNA!

16 minutes ago, CBGUY said:

I guess I just don't get it! If the flies, mosquitos etc, etc bother you so much, why do you "dine there frequently"? To me, that's like going to a topless bar, complaining about the nudity, and, then returning! I guess complaining is just in some people's DNA!

I think this is about something other than avoiding flying, biting critters. You like flies and mosquitoes?  Surely you're aware that Yves' serves very good food?  I like the people who own it and I like the food they serve.  If I dine inside, I don't have a problem with the critters.  Now, what exactly is it  that you don't get?  Don't know the difference between a topless bar and and a restaurant with a choice of indoor or outdoor dining?  Hmmmm.  Logic alert, at the least.:rolleyes: 

3 hours ago, heidinrick said:

Hi Tom! The 2 guys who are opening this restaurant are your neihhbors James and Don. Geat guys! I told them that no matter what they do, they're going to catch flack from someone. All I know is their food will be great and that they're leaning heavily towards "pet friendly"!      Rick 

Well, if they start their business as 'pet friendly', then there will be many people who will not even try it once.  Shame that they want to turn away paying customers so that a dog, who doesn't pay, and may end up leaving a 'tip' that no one wants, can feel welcome!  :(

Archived