Chapala.com Webboard

Story on the new macrolibramiento

bournemouth

Very well built road and a real treat to drive.  It is reassuring to know that Mexican road builders CAN do it right - just need a lot more of it.  My hats off to Carso - they have done a nice job so far.  Puts the Libramiento Sur to shame. Looking forward to its completion in a year or two, it will get busy fairly fast once western connection to El Arenal is done.  The ramps to connect it to 80D at Zapotlanejo in the east will also make it very nice to use when heading towards Lagos de Moreno & Aguascalientes.

Lol. I love these new highways that are declared open years before they are finished. Of course no one uses a highway to nowhere (anyone remember the play "Our Town"). I see these roads as equivalent to a hotel California. You can get on anytime you like, but you can never leave.

I agree that completed on and off ramps would be a good idea albeit a novel one if their past road building track record is any indication. So far all new roads built over the years have neglected to include off ramps int he Chapala direction and users are relegated to using those ultra dangerous U-turns, or driving virtually back to GDL before being able to make a safe turn.  Even then the first safe u-turn is an illegal one. Has anyone a link to the plans to see if an off ramp to Chapala is included this time? Otherwise, I am thinking of asking for a discount on the taxes I pay if we are not going to get the same services....

No, not yet open.  For now if you are coming from the Chapala area you are "forced" off onto 15D (the toll road going to Mexico City).  What you do is head on 15D toward Guadalajara - go through the toll booth - then onto 80D/90 toward Guadalajara to the first "retorno" to get yourself turned around so you are heading east toward Lagos de Moreno.

It's been open for a few weeks but the overpass at the end was not open.  I'd ask the poster who said it was open, where they were going.  If you want to go to Leon/Lagos de Moreno, I'd take the "other" new road, just past the airport - until there is proof that the overpass has been completed.

On 9/21/2016 at 9:45 PM, Ezzie said:

No, not yet open.  For now if you are coming from the Chapala area you are "forced" off onto 15D (the toll road going to Mexico City).  What you do is head on 15D toward Guadalajara - go through the toll booth - then onto 80D/90 toward Guadalajara to the first "retorno" to get yourself turned around so you are heading east toward Lagos de Moreno.

And you get to pay a second toll immediately after you are diverted off the road because the end of it is incomplete.  It doubles your cost.

• 2 weeks later...

I just used this road last weekend while heading north and you are correct that there are two tolls very close together, one as you are exiting the new road at the 15D junction and then another a few meters further along on the short piece of 15D you have to travel to get to 80D/90. The on ramp for 80D east to take you towards Lagos de Moreno is just past the Pemex station - keep to the right.  There is a third toll booth at the entrance to the ramp but you do not need to pay a toll if you have come off of the new road. Just show the attendant your toll receipt.  Very easy and fast way to get from Chapala over to the 80D eastbound now.  

Archived