Chapala.com Webboard

VIDEO DIA DE LA INDPENDENCIA AJIJIC 2016

ezpz

I have been here for 9 years now and have attended and enjoyed greatly nearly all of the traditional events.  I am a bit saddened to notice that all these events were much smaller this year,than in the past probably due to lack of funds and overall interest, according to a few people I talked to.  The Semanario Laguna ran an article about the Rebozo Desfile being smaller this year for that reason - the main organizer was bowing out this year for "lack of support".

I used to have a foto/video page on webshots.com with all these fiestas, but that site was dismantled about 4 years ago and all my work is gone.  Do any of you feel there would be an interest in a new page called "Ajijic Archives Archivos" if I re-uploaded these thousands of fotos from 2007-2012 to Flickr, and put links to it on FB?  So much has changed around here that my older fotos/videos are almost historical now.  

It seems to me that the popularity of these sorts of events wax and wane with the years, depending on the organizers, the promotors, the level of politial and financial suport, and the times we live in. I grew up in a small town that had their annual festivities. Those festivities have provided me with some of my fondest memories growing up there. Yet those festivities came and went over the years. I just checked their website and am pleased to see they are back once again.. Perhaps you and your archive are a part of keeping that alive. For that alone I think it's historical importance is reason enough to do it.

Archived