Chapala.com Webboard

Recording Studio

This is a technology which has undergone tremendous change over the past few years. Services are out, products are in. Here is a young European company which can sell you modules of Bass Synth, Drum Synth, and Digital Synth for $79.95 each or all in one packages for $59 each. They all integrate together and surpass the quality of pop synth of the 2000's. I would like to work with them to develop a "BEATBOX" for treadmills, exercise machines, where you can twiddle the knobs, save your loops, adjust your beats per minute, all for a set unit cost. Musical arrangements, that is a whole different thing, requiring the talents of humans - not digital machines.

https://www.teenageengineering.com/

"A friend of ours is a professional recording music producer that is considering a move to the lakeside area.  Is there an interest here for professional recordings?  He can record you, arrange all of the music for you, is able to do live recordings.  He has a very good reputation."

There is not a lot of professional level talent here to do professional level recording (an area in which I have experience).  However, there is an aching need for experienced audio engineers to teach or mentor others who use sound equipment, because everything here is always too loud!!  Does your friend speak Spanish?  There are professional level musicians in Guadalajara but I'm not sure what sort of recording studios exist there.   I have a solid musical background in classical, disco/funk, gospel, and songwriting,  and would like to meet your friend, although I am not anticipating doing any new projects of my own at this point in my life...  but, you never know...  I always loved doing studio work!  PM me through the board, gracias!

I sent a pm but to answer the question of whether he speaks Spanish, our friend is a Mexican who lives in Guadalajara so yes he speaks Spanish and is aware of the talent in Guadalajara.  He's lived in Guadalajara for 20 years.  Worked on projects in Guadalajara, Mexico City as well as projects for Costa Rica and Americans.    If someone wants to record music and needs musical arranging he'll pull resources in from Guadalajara if he's not finding what he needs here.  

He likes it out here, peaceful and beautiful; been debating a move out here for years.  

Some people would like a recording for memories and gifts to friends and family.  Just because people are amateurs, doesn't mean they wouldn't ever enjoy or appreciate a nice recording.   Something they could never afford in the US but they could here or don't have the technical background to figure out how to record themselves.  Loops or no loops.  Some people won't even know what a loop is.  That's ok.  

Archived