Jump to content
Chapala.com Webboard

Used Car Dealers


TelsZ4
 Share

Recommended Posts

The only person we know and trust is Spencer ... his location is right next door to Puritan Chicken on the mountain side of the Carretera.  Do not have phone or address ... maybe someone else does?  There is a used car lot right next to him but we would use Spencer as he has always been honest and helpful with us ... gives great service.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I agree 110% with wookie.  Too he pays taxes, hacienda, employee benefits and is a credit to the community.  I don't know the policies of the others but I do know typically curbers are not part of the tax structure.  Also, unlike others, he doesn't try to sell you what's on his lot but rather is more of your personal advocate in finding you the best car out there.   Remember most cars in Mexico when they reach a used car lot have been driven hard and put away wet.

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If you don't mind doing the searching yourself, there is an excellent web site for used cars which has a very nice search engine to narrow down on specific criteria (year, make, model, options, etc.).  www.soloautos.com.mx  You can also filter by private sellers or used car dealers.  There are many nice low mileage vehicles available in Guadalajara - Zapopan cars tend to be nicer since it is a more upscale part of the city.  The last used vehicle I purchased came from that area and I am very happy with my purchase. 

I am not a big fan of dealing with anyone in the car business here at Lakeside - the options are quite limited and some of the business practices I have seen are concerning.

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks I do use that site and I will go to Guad if I can't find anything local. I too am not a big fan of the car dealer everyone raves about as I know someone personally  he has ripped off..

Anyone know if there is a specific area of Guad for used car dealers.  I am familiar with the weekend market close to Kentucky Fried Chicken.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

In June, we purchased a late model one owner SUV from Placencia Santa Anita Ford in Zapopan. It was pretty painless. Left a deposit on a Tuesday, we moved $$ from NOB to our bank account here and then deposited into the dealer's bank account on Thursday. I then sent the sales guy a photo of the bank receipt via Whatsapp and they did the registration paperwork. We picked up the car the next day. We received a one year warranty and the license registration as part of the deal. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Good luck finding your car.  Obviously you can do it all yourself.   I thought Wookie and Cartero answered what you asked and you chose to impart there were as many good as bad experiences.  You chose to say you had a friend who was ripped off.   So why'd you bother asking anyone's opinion when you are so well versed?   Frankly, I'd call you on that as few with any time lakeside have anything but good to say about them.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, el bartman said:

Good luck finding your car.  Obviously you can do it all yourself.   I thought Wookie and Cartero answered what you asked and you chose to impart there were as many good as bad experiences.  You chose to say you had a friend who was ripped off.   So why'd you bother asking anyone's opinion when you are so well versed?   Frankly, I'd call you on that as few with any time lakeside have anything but good to say about them.

It appears English may not be your first language, If you take the time to read and understand my post you would have understood that I was asking for recomondations for dealer with an S, not a specific dealer.. I also said I would buy from this dealer if he had the right car at the right price, despite the all the negative reviews about him over the years on this board.

More to the point I really don't want to debate this with you... 

I am asking for recomdations .. That is all...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, El Saltos said:

Finding a good car 1-3 years old is easy, just visit the dealers.  For anything older you're on your own, dealers don't carry anything beyond 3 model years old.  Your best local options are Rafa at the Moyoyo car wash and Spencer at S&S. 

The SUV we bought a few months ago at Santa Anita Plasencia Ford was a 2011 Suzuki and the other one we were considering from there was a 2011 Toyota RAV4, so that dealership was carrying five year old vehicles. Rafael, the owner of Moyoyo Car Wash, prefers to deal in newer Honda CRVs that he brings over from the Mérida region, but may occasionally have something else that he's selling for someone.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/16/2016 at 8:37 AM, Ezzie said:

If you don't mind doing the searching yourself, there is an excellent web site for used cars which has a very nice search engine to narrow down on specific criteria (year, make, model, options, etc.).  www.soloautos.com.mx  You can also filter by private sellers or used car dealers.  There are many nice low mileage vehicles available in Guadalajara - Zapopan cars tend to be nicer since it is a more upscale part of the city.  The last used vehicle I purchased came from that area and I am very happy with my purchase. 

I am not a big fan of dealing with anyone in the car business here at Lakeside - the options are quite limited and some of the business practices I have seen are concerning.

 

Ezzie,  I have been looking at this site and the search engines and selections are great,  What I don't understand is where is the address or car lot for these cars.  I have been only looking at cars by car dealers for I am thinking that they know the laws and will do the paperwork correctly?  I have sent a few emails responding to the ads without any reply.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, dkure said:

Ezzie,  I have been looking at this site and the search engines and selections are great,  What I don't understand is where is the address or car lot for these cars.  I have been only looking at cars by car dealers for I am thinking that they know the laws and will do the paperwork correctly?  I have sent a few emails responding to the ads without any reply.

 

Only the phone # is listed in the ad, or you can fill out the contact info section.

Many of of them do not speak much English and read even less. When going to see any cars I would take someone with you who understands the paper work...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

1 hour ago, dkure said:

What I don't understand is how this web site works.  When you go to the the contact tab it give the address of Av Mexico 3209.  All has the same phone number which doesn't make any sense to me for it is +521 xxxxxxxx.  

 

Thanks 

52 is the Mexican country code. When I am in the US and wish to phone Mexico, I have to add the 52 and should the number I want to phone in Mexico is a cell phone, I have to add a number 1 after the 52 and befire the cell #. Here is an example

I dial 011 521 331 123 1234   I hope that helps. Oh the 011 at the beginning is how I let my system know I am making an international call

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The answer would be yes if you are calling a cell phone. But should it be a land line that you are calling, you do not need to add the 1 after the 52.

WHAT? You don't know whether that is a land line or a cell number? I guess you have to try both and only the correct option will work  (I hope). I would try the phone number shown first.

Pete

In Seattle

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...