Chapala.com Webboard

Scam telephone call alert

bezerk

I received one of the scam telephone calls a few days ago...nice friendly man..called me by nickname and spoke of my neighbor up the street , said a name I just said yes,

he said you know here right?  I said mmmm..  I gave no other info.

He proceeded to tel me she was on other line but he was in states and she needed me to go pay her insurance. 

I just said sorry I canot do that, am ill,  no meony..

he quite meanly said sorry ( Carmen) she says she cannot do it, she has money but will not do it..then he hung up..

I tried redial figuring maybe I could inform this scam artist of a report or such but would not work. 

Anyway just be aware..this is the 2ast century, no matter where you are most likely you can pay or send money to someone so you should not be needed nor taken..be aware. 

Please be informed that if this happens to you or yours, call Officer Rubi Agustin at 33-10-49-6637. This is a direct connection to her personal phone and she will instruct you what and how to proceed. This is a special division of the Police department and she is now in charge of this division. If you do not call her she can not help to resolve this problem.  Thank You   

Archived