Chapala.com Webboard
Miracle Worker

Fried Chicken

Josy's does a mean chicken-fried everything, including chicken, and deep-fried chicken. A lot of their stuff is overcooked, but not the chicken. In Riberas just west of the 7-11, on the mountainside. I think Soriana's fried chicken is the best.

• Like 3

Tony's Plus near Super Lake and Deli 8 gets our vote also!!!

• Like 1

And at 11 or 12p per piece (although you must buy in lots of four, nine, or larger orders, I believe), it is a lot cheaper than WalMart's, which is not that great comparatively.

• Like 2

Josy has the old school of bubba's, for those who got to know Mr Ed, he Is a Texan x Navy cook, so shop locally, her fried chicken is just as good as sorianas, except your supporting a local mom and pop business??

• Like 2

Thanks Everyone!! We ended up going to Nuevo Posada  and we were pleasantly surprised. The atmosphere was lovely and felt very inviting. Had the Chicken fried steak and it was delicious. Thanks for all the suggestions, I like close to Sorianos so I will check them out for just plain fried chicken. 

Thanks! 

There is a chicken shop on the mountain side of the carreterra, 5 storefronts or so west of Colon.   Not sure if it's year round, but Dec thru March they have fried chicken on Saturday at noon until it runs out.    Comes with a tray of slaw.   Delicious mashed potatoes are extra.   

• Like 1

We have always been able to ask for just "dos pechugas " at Soriana and they tray it and cover with plastic wrap and price it. We think it's about the best but Tony's son's is great also.

• Like 1

I had to try Tony's fried yard bird!!!! And yes it was gooooood!!!! How funny, I've been coming to Chapala for nearly 8 years and I had never even seen this place, or heard of it till you guys mentioned it!!!!! Thanks for the tip!!!!!

• Like 1

No one mentioned the Pollito Deli 9 across the street from 7-11 (just south of the Pemex) in Chapala. We think their fried chicken is better than Tony's. Haven't tried Josy's though...and want to!! We do love fried chicken.

• Like 1