Chapala.com Webboard

Contact info for Isella, the former groomer at Dr. Ladron's

Bummer. :-( Thanks for the update on Isella. I have been to both Furry Friends and Candy's. Both started out very good but then became very inconsistent.

Furry Friends went south for me when they expanded their staff. If the husband (I forget his name now) did the cut, it was VERY good but otherwise not. I always asked that he do the cut and was told that he would. But when I would go to pick up my dog it was immediately obvious that he had NOT done the cut, and I had to send her back in to fix glaring mistakes. So he wasn't even checking the other groomer's work. After that happened twice I gave up on that place.

Candy's went south when Candy apparently left town for a while, it was about the time that the phone number changed and there were new faces. The results left with her. They were were not expressing my dog anal glands or even clipping her nails, even though I always expressly asked them to do both and they said "of course, we always do that." No they didn't.

Both seemed to be cases of the "tell the customer what they want to hear" syndrome that is all too common. :-/ 

The new groomer at Ladron's, Ricardo, is pretty good, but I will have to ask him to trim the fur around the paws closer on my next visit. And he only comes down on from Guadalajara on Mondays and Fridays. So I guess he will have to do now that Isella is gone. 

we've been having our standards and terriers groomed for almost 50 years. We are happy with Joel, who speaks english. he is a vet , very careful . he is in west Ajijic, just off the carretera 766-3062

Archived