Chapala.com Webboard

The Police are Pigs

hensley

Does it appear, at times, that many people move to Mexico just to find things to complain about that they can't complain about wherever they came from? 

The Subject of this posting is far from being gracious, or respectful.  The Problem as seen by the poster , could have been more pointed, rather than "painting " all Police as "PIGS". There are good & bad Police, and the fact is that that there are good & bad People living Lakeside.  If you wish to pass judgement on  the Police  , I would suggest you have some gratitude about the "Lack of murders", here compared to other parts of Mexico.  As stated before ,  there is  a lot of "something about nothing" on this post

"ALL police are PIGS" seems to work NOB, gets many stirred up, even though you are correct; no one important there seems to care what is said..

I think that what they did was very inconsiderate, but do you really want to report this incident and piss off the police, all for the sake of a bit of garbage?  When you really need them, wouldn't it be better to have 'not sweated the small stuff'?  Hopefully, it'll never happen again!

6 minutes ago, suegarn said:

I think that what they did was very inconsiderate, but do you really want to report this incident and piss off the police, all for the sake of a bit of garbage?  When you really need them, wouldn't it be better to have 'not sweated the small stuff'?  Hopefully, it'll never happen again!

When would you need the police?  When you have a robbery?  They come in and case the joint for another robbery committed by them or their friends.  When you die?  They come in and case the joint for a robbery committed by them or their friends.  The police here are not your friends and the sooner you understand how things work here the better off you will be if anything happens.  Why do you think Mexicans call their family and friends when there is a problem???  Because the police can't be trusted by and large.

44 minutes ago, Yo1 said:

When would you need the police?  When you have a robbery?  They come in and case the joint for another robbery committed by them or their friends.  When you die?  They come in and case the joint for a robbery committed by them or their friends.  The police here are not your friends and the sooner you understand how things work here the better off you will be if anything happens.  Why do you think Mexicans call their family and friends when there is a problem???  Because the police can't be trusted by and large.

Bad advice, don't ever call the police if there is a death, we know someone that did that and they threw the body in the back of the pick up with a thud.

Guest bennie2

Yo1 you tell it like it is. unfortunatly it will never sink in, ever. somethings are just too too over the top for most folks to "get". why would anyone need the police in mexico? 

The Director is working very hard to have a professional acting force. He is working on a substation devoted to the expat community. He has doubled the size of the force since October. The source of the red truck , I don't know. How does it matter?

I was just venting about this whole thread. I would never report and get on the bad side of the police, we always wave at them when they go by, and yes good and bad in all people no matter where you are at. I just work hard at keeping my street clean. Especially picking up the dog crap from the gringo neighbor a few doors down that just lets his dogs do whatever but that is another topic.

Guest bennie2

harry, the PD has yapped about improving the force for over 20 yrs & then some. firing people rehiring blahblah. always some big overhaul. in the bigger picture, it is what it is. sameold sameold.....

Ah well, what can be said from this point forward.  If police are going to go airing their garbage in the streets - wherever they are...maybe, just maybe, that is how they earned their nickname? Then again, considering how this topic has digressed maybe we all like to throw our garbage into the street every now and then? My first comment on this thread still makes sense. Easy to manage, although admittedly taking more effort than commenting on this board....

Guest bennie2

semalu, you will do anything to be INvolved, & UNinvited. stop putting words in peoples mouths. if PD throws garbage in a frac, then the head of the frac can complain. other wize, it is what it is. your advice never ceases to amaze me.

This thread is insulting to pigs - who happen to be very clean (doing their "bizness" in a area separate from the rest) and very intelligent (definitely smarter than dogs, some say smarter than chimpanzee). They like a clean mud hole to protect their skin from sun and insects - pretty smart I would say. Nope the problem is ignorant humans, polluting the natural world with their basura, as if they had "some manifest destiny" to do so.

4 hours ago, CHILLIN said:

This thread is insulting to pigs - who happen to be very clean (doing their "bizness" in a area separate from the rest) and very intelligent (definitely smarter than dogs, some say smarter than chimpanzee). They like a clean mud hole to protect their skin from sun and insects - pretty smart I would say. Nope the problem is ignorant humans, polluting the natural world with their basura, as if they had "some manifest destiny" to do so.

I agree with your last sentence, but to me the 'ignorant' humans are the ones that call police officers 'pigs'!  Yes, there are corrupt and lazy police everywhere, (including the U.S. and Canada, not just Mexico).  But there are many, many more dedicated officers who, with a little bit of respect, will protect your rights as much as is humanly and legally possible.  Why do you want to alienate them?

Archived