Chapala.com Webboard

The Police are Pigs

hensley

Just watched a red police truck park out in front of our house, and empty all their trash from their truck out in the middle of the street, how nice, now I have to pick up after them. We even have a trash can out front that the people walking by use, but the police are too good to use it.

Neither transitos nor local cops drive a red truck. sounds like Bomberos who do drive a red truck or even just some civilian with a  red truck and lights on the cab. Also after all this time you would think some of you would know the difference between Vialidad and our local police so don't bother the Comandante de Transitos. In any event,what do you expect him to do ,give a ticket to the other police or Bomberos? Comprende Yo1? If you're going to call somebody a pig at least call them correctly, all y'all.

Police have a new red truck, FYI, Ive seen it

I saw that red truck too. I had never seen it before and was very confused because it said Police on the side. I wasn't that close but there was no indication that the truck was anything but what the writing showed, Police. Who knows.

EDIT: I just read Intercasa's post. I guess I was right.

44 minutes ago, ned small said:

Neither transitos nor local cops drive a red truck. sounds like Bomberos who do drive a red truck or even just some civilian with a  red truck and lights on the cab. Also after all this time you would think some of you would know the difference between Vialidad and our local police so don't bother the Comandante de Transitos. In any event,what do you expect him to do ,give a ticket to the other police or Bomberos? Comprende Yo1? If you're going to call somebody a pig at least call them correctly, all y'all.

H0w guick we judge! 

32 minutes ago, MtnMama said:

If there is only one red truck, a call to the transito commander with the time and general location should tell him who was in and driving the truck.

Nobody has said or actually seen it as a transito truck so far so why would he know who was driving it. Separate cop organizations seen here are: Jalisco vialida[transitos].Chapala police.State police,Federal police. Sometimes: Ixtlahuacan de los Membrillos and Jocotepec municipal police. The transito comandante nor the Chapala police comandante know that sort of thing about each others organization. It's not their job.

Shakespeare wrote a play called "much ado about nothing" which fits this thread quite nicely. Can the admin post a sticky about the different police and their functions so that even many long term members here can stop being confused about the difference?

I doubt splitting hairs on who exactly it was is the right message. What matters is that anyone who is in a position of authority or who is a "persona de fe" has an obligation to lead by example. In fact we all have that obligation. Dumping garbage on the street is not how to represent your culture nor the respect you have for yor parents upbringing. I would report the incident. The authorities will know who had the red truck. Hopefully the relevant authority has internal disciplinary procedures.

2 hours ago, ned small said:

Pedro, you should get out more because I know the difference and it said POLICIA right on the side of the RED TRUCK! They had blue police uniforms on. I also saw a brand new White Ford with Black lettering the other day pass by our house.

3 hours ago, ned small said:

They have new trucks that are mainly red with a bit of green and white.

46 minutes ago, hensley said:

Pedro, you should get out more because I know the difference and it said POLICIA right on the side of the RED TRUCK! They had blue police uniforms on. I also saw a brand new White Ford with Black lettering the other day pass by our house.

Name is ned and I get out enough thanks

54 minutes ago, Semalu said:

I doubt splitting hairs on who exactly it was is the right message. What matters is that anyone who is in a position of authority or who is a "persona de fe" has an obligation to lead by example. In fact we all have that obligation. Dumping garbage on the street is not how to represent your culture nor the respect you have for yor parents upbringing. I would report the incident. The authorities will know who had the red truck. Hopefully the relevant authority has internal disciplinary procedures.

They probably won't invite the culprit for a cerveza after their 24 hour shift.

Guest bennie2

semalu, will you report the govt employees to the govt? maybe you should stop giving advice. some old expat taking photos & "reporting"?? most mexican police will not meet your standards, accept that. this is why busy body americans are not apprecated. you should not have ANY interaction w/the police ever.

Archived