Chapala.com Webboard

refinish cabinet doors

windstar

1 hour ago, Semalu said:

No hay de que. Make sure to discuss what kind of paint you want to use. There is a lot of great options on the market right now for hard wearing areas.

I am looking for a fast dry enamel for spray painting.  The regular stuff stinks.  Any suggestions?  Will try Sherman Williams tomorrow.

Don't know what you mean by the regular stuff, but SW does sell a water based enamel. I am about to try it out so don't know yet how good it is. Prisa has a high end product that I like better than Comex's very stinky enamel, but it needs to be sprayed for best results. Its called Milco and is an int/exterior oil based anti-corrosive enamel that dries hard as nails. Prisa is also moderately stinky so keep a lit candle in the room to help with the fumes, and keep the space well ventilated. Smell goes away quickly. Dries to tacky in about 2 hours but in this humidity, leave the paint to cure over several days to a week before using it. You will be glad you did.

Then you can consider automotive paint options for kitchen cabinets, several dealers around here sell it (Comex, Prisa etc). I do not have experience with it. Go to their websites to check it out. I am sure other readers will soon chime in with their options. I am no expert, just have anecdotal experience on products I have used.

Archived