Chapala.com Webboard

weather coming

jaykay

Hey folks,

There is a big weather system coming up from the south.  If you have access to a radar shot or other means to get an overview, take a look.  The hurricane people think it will drop 10 to 15 inches on Jalisco.  It's the east side of a storm that is moving north along the coast..  It's not going to come ashore here, but we will get wind and water. The good news is that because the damns are pretty full, this will most likely kick us up over 95 meters.   The bad news is I can't imagine what it will do to the potholes.  Take a look at this puppy.  I can already see the front looking south across the lake.

If you're watching the same National Weather Service that I am, my understanding is that stormin Norman is moving north up the coast and will be a direct hit on Baja California. My prediction is that the soft rain will continue for a couple of days, but that the Shaw TV signal will not go out. I am not putting a lot of money on that, tho.

I updated the weather station to note Newton is passing, but really not "threatening" only some additional rain and at this point not even all that much. Baja is the target. I put the "Tropical Storm Tracking" block in there years ago and I can't remember ever having an actual "threatening" storm predicted, it's more for people traveling to those areas, the mountains chew up anything sizable. Now, we have had sudden storms and localized cells that caused problems, but the storms off either shore never really pose a problem of any significance, at best, just rain.

I'm up in northern NM and it looks like a bunch of the moisture from this storm will arrive in a few days here, a few hours before I ride to the BMW moto rally 3 hours north.  I think we're going to have a wet rally.

Y'all were supposed to keep this thing down there to fill the lake! :D

Archived