Chapala.com Webboard

entering Mexico with a Manaje de Casa

SOBDave

I have a friend who is going to bring some of my personal belongings down to Lakeside in his trailer. I'll be going to a Mexican consulate in the US to certify the manaje beforehand. My question is, with my name on the manaje can my friend go through customs and bring my things down on his own, or as the menaje holder, do I have to be with him?

If it is just going to be a few items, don't go to all the bother of going to the Consulate to get a Menaje de Casa. Aduana at the border crossing (if they even checking and looking through the trailer) will likely just wave you on through especially if it looks like they are just personal goods.  If they get an idea that the items are being brought in for resale (ie. commercial purposes) that is when you are going to need a Menaje de Casa and MUST enlist the services of a broker at the border.  Aduana won't care about your Menaje de Casa if you are not using a broker. 

http://www.sat.gob.mx/aduanas/tramites_autorizaciones/menaje_casa/Paginas/Inm_nac_repa_o_depor.aspx

Google Translation:

Menaje de casa: [household goods]

"Permanent residents and nationals repatriated or deported

Permanent residents and repatriated or deported nationals may enter their house utensils free of foreign trade taxes provided they are subject to the following procedure:

1. Get it in the nearest Mexican Consulate to your home, the certified statement of household goods, which must state:

◦ name of the importer.
◦Adress where he established his residence abroad.
◦Place in which established residence in Mexico.
◦Description and quantity of the goods that integrates household goods.
◦Time of residence abroad, which may not be less than six months.
◦Declare under oath data import declaration of household above, in the case there.

At the end corresponding to the Certification of household goods text, you must declare the following legend:

"FOR THE PURPOSES LEGAL TO THAT PLACE, proceed to issue this certificate in quadruplicate, WITHOUT PREJUDICE OF THE QUALIFICATION DEFINITIVE TO THE CUSTOMS AUTHORITIES DO IF, HAVING TO ACCOMPANY THE MOTION TO IMPORT COPY OF YOUR IMMIGRATION CARD OR YOUR IMMIGRATION FORM WHERE MULTIPLE STAMPS OF THE OFFICIAL SEAL OF AUTHORITY MIGRATORIA. [Immigration or INM of Mexico] "

2.Attach to that statement, a copy of the entry document of household goods of the previous home, if there was one.

3. The importation must be imported through Customs Agent who must formulate a petition A1, which declare, tariff item 9804.00.01, in the corresponding to the same field.

You can contact the Customs Brokers in the following confederations:

Confederation of Customs Agents of Mexico (CAAAREM)

Phone 01 (55) 33 00 75 0001 (55) 33 00 75 00 in Mexico, DF

Latin American Confederation of Customs Agents (CLAA)

Phone 01 (55) 1107-851501 (55) 1107-8515 / 1107-8592 in the DF

4.The applicant shall not submit commercial invoices or be enrolled in the Register of Importers.

5.The importer must prove their immigration status at the customs office.

6. When the case of second or subsequent household goods who want to import the permanent residents must apply for authorization from the General Administration Justice,  [Administración General Jurídica]  within the year following has been made the first importation of household goods."

3 hours ago, Ezzie said:

If it is just going to be a few items, don't go to all the bother of going to the Consulate to get a Menaje de Casa. Aduana at the border crossing (if they even checking and looking through the trailer) will likely just wave you on through especially if it looks like they are just personal goods.  If they get an idea that the items are being brought in for resale (ie. commercial purposes) that is when you are going to need a Menaje de Casa and MUST enlist the services of a broker at the border.  Aduana won't care about your Menaje de Casa if you are not using a broker. 

Exactly

Archived