Chapala.com Webboard

Please come!

HarryB

September 9 at 7 p.m. in the Auditorio the Chapala Presidente Javier Degollado will report on his first year in office. I've asked him to have english transcripts available. Your attendance will do more than you know to affect the administration's attention to the expat community

Harry Bublin

21 minutes ago, ComputerGuy said:

Thanks, Mr. Small, for telling us once again how much smarter you are... even when there is no reason to say anything.

Are you planning on stepping up to the "mike" tonight. The person I directed my comment at explained that they don't do social media like facebook as if that warrants some sort of badge no doubt. This government  has a page on facebook and posts things that they do several times a day. No previous gov't here has ever done that. If your only source is the English medium available here and a couple of web boards,you won't get as much info and it is in one's best interests to know what the gov't where you live is doing or not doing. One can also comment on their page.

19 hours ago, ned small said:

Are you planning on stepping up to the "mike" tonight. The person I directed my comment at explained that they don't do social media like facebook as if that warrants some sort of badge no doubt. This government  has a page on facebook and posts things that they do several times a day. No previous gov't here has ever done that. If your only source is the English medium available here and a couple of web boards,you won't get as much info and it is in one's best interests to know what the gov't where you live is doing or not doing. One can also comment on their page.

One: Everyone knows my name is Mike, Mike Riley. What would you like me to do, change my ID to MIKE the ComputerGuy? One-point-five: um, Peter.

Two: I don't see where Ajijic_hiker says they "don't do Facebook"... can you now show me, please? Two-point-five: Anyway, so what?

Three: Whatever is in anyone's "best interest" is for them to decide, not you to pontificate.

Why is that TOB gets Bubba2shoes back. Known for his bon mots and excellent observations, and we got stuck with Sr. Small? I have said this before, its like finding Sr. Small has crapped in the community swimming pool, they pick the offending object out of the pool, he swears he will never do it again, but there always a taint around him, people don't to go back in the pool unless it is drained and bleached.

Why do you guys give him so much power over you by letting him get to you so much? Put him on ignore if he gets your blood boiling that easily. Otherwise may I kindly suggest chilling out. Your reactions only help to feed the beast and make the rest of us want to go elsewhere....

31 minutes ago, Semalu said:

Why do you guys give him so much power over you by letting him get to you so much?

Apologies to Semalu and the board. Harry B had an important message to send. I indeed do have a personal grudge against Pedro (he embarrassed me with an employer, and his mistreatment of women). I will try not to let this personal grudge interfere with this public forum. Thought that being banned on this forum and then returning with a different name, without an invitation to do so, was strictly verboten. Saying that - mods - please send an invitation to reinstate  bubba2shoes, maybe we can negotiate a trade?

3 hours ago, Semalu said:

Why do you guys give him so much power over you by letting him get to you so much? Put him on ignore if he gets your blood boiling that easily. Otherwise may I kindly suggest chilling out. Your reactions only help to feed the beast and make the rest of us want to go elsewhere....

Then go if you must. I have taken a personal vow to never let Ned Small get away with anything inflammatory or patronizing on this board.

Secondly, the concept that pushing back against a problem gives them "power over you" is a misguided bit of psychoanalytical cliche, and holds no value.

33 minutes ago, Semalu said:

Sorry to hear that Mike. Did you go to the meeting last night to hear what was said, I am still very interested to hear about how things went.

No, of course not. My opinion of this man's methods and prejudices could not possibly be expressed in public without the air turning various shades of blue. I would like to thank Ajijic-hiker, though, for stepping up to the plate, and confirming my suspicions.

4 hours ago, Ajijic_hiker said:

Scheduled to begin at 7, it finally got underway about 7:45pm...It had nothing to do with addressing the needs or interests of the expat community.  It was strictly pomp and circumstance...a big show of the government leaders and employees...The place was packed, but I am told with mostly govt employees...there were many chairs set up outside, as there was standing room only inside the auditorio.  I had the misfortune of sitting TOO close to the bugle and drum corps..and when they began their bugling and drumming, I literally jumped out of my seat!  it was so loud, that as soon as I could, I left the building.  For a better and more detailed description you can read about it in the Guad. Reporter...which is exactly what I should have done.  My ears are still ringing...:blink:

Nevertheless, how great that you went--one of the few of us, I'll bet--and reported back. It wasn't about us, natch. Who thought it would be anything but what it was: show-off time.  Gracias, Ajijic_hiker.  Now to go buy the Guad Reporter. Or not.

Lexy

Archived