Chapala.com Webboard

City Sandwiches, Ajijic - excellent

Drove by yesterday (Monday) and again today (Tuesday) but no sign of the Food Truck and this delightful couple and yummy food.  Any idea if they've moved to a new location?

Valerie :)

Two possibilities.  I had heard they were having trouble with their licensing (Don't know if this was true.) or his very pregnant wife needed him home.  She was due soon. 

Whatever the truth of the matter they will be very much missed for their friendly environment and their good food..  They had developed a good following in a very short time.

Marilú isn't due for another trimester and is doing well; the short story is that they just weren't profitable enough and business was too variable for them to continue. Justin was exploring returning to his previous profession, which required significant travel but had a steady income for the family. I'm sorry they are not making it: they were receptive to feedback and were doing all they could to settle into life in the community. We wish them well.

12 hours ago, jrod said:

Marilú isn't due for another trimester and is doing well; the short story is that they just weren't profitable enough and business was too variable for them to continue. Justin was exploring returning to his previous profession, which required significant travel but had a steady income for the family. I'm sorry they are not making it: they were receptive to feedback and were doing all they could to settle into life in the community. We wish them well.

If this is true, that's so sad.  I really like their sandwiches!  Maybe they'll try it again someday!

Archived