Chapala.com Webboard

Taking recommendations for local GPs

JayBearII

Getting a little...ahem...annoyed with my doctor, looking for alternatives. Please only reply if your have used a GP for several years, north shore of Lake Chapala. PM me, as I do not want to start a general discussion of medical care at Lakeside.

Has anyone else noticed that male doctors are referred to by their last names, but females  often by only their first name?  This can become confusing.  :huh:

I like Dr. Jessica Quintanilla Flores.  Very thorough, up to date re medications and professional. Did a great job patching up my bleeding spouse a year or so ago. Doesn't over medicate.  And....listens!

11 hours ago, JayBearII said:

Getting a little...ahem...annoyed with my doctor, looking for alternatives. Please only reply if your have used a GP for several years, north shore of Lake Chapala. PM me, as I do not want to start a general discussion of medical care at Lakeside.

I also recommend Jessica

very professional, very detailed, gets results.

1 hour ago, Yo1 said:

Dr. Teresa is one of the Doctor Deaths

I have heard a few other doctors referred to by that name but she has been excellent for us. A little more expensive but very smart and thorough.

I am always very leery of doctors.  I have used Dra. Lupita at  Integrity for about 4 or 5 years .  I find her to be a pretty good diagnostician.  So few are.  She often can diagnose without running a battery of tests that other doctors often depend on and then are wrong anyway.

I left Dra Teresa when she said a blood clot in my leg was merely scar tissue! For several years I have been happy with Dr Santiago Hernandez at Chapala Med. His specialty is Family Practice. Dr Hernandez grew up in the Chicago area, graduated from Indiana University and moved to Guadalajara when he married a local woman. He combines the best of American and Mexican medical care. His office number is 765-6399 or cell phones 333-950-9414 or 331-750-8504.

Archived