Chapala.com Webboard

Huge Pot Hole ... Beware

Wookie

Just hit the huge pot hole and blew out the sidewall of our tire.  I thought I had straddled this pot hole but it has gotten bigger of late .... so beware.  This is the mountain side lane just West of where Tuesday market is held.  What a mess

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/30/2016 at 6:58 PM, Keithsc said:

Asking this for information, in such a case of damage, is there any recourse for the injured party to claim compensation from any government agency? 

One of the beauties of living in Mexico,is the concept of self responsibility. NOB one can sue McDonalds for zillions if you spill their coffee on "yourself". In Mexico you would have been told to be more careful with the next coffee you drink. If you trip and fall in a hole in the sidewalk and broke your leg,tough, you should have been looking. Drive into a pothole and bust a tire and your suspension,you should have been looking.

Well! This is the season!  What I like about Jocotepec they fix the baches right away...that is after one of the government officials or family crashes into one. Last year in Guadalajara I hit one in my Vette.  Try buying a run flat tire rated at 180 mph here.

On 8/30/2016 at 6:58 PM, Keithsc said:

Asking this for information, in such a case of damage, is there any recourse for the injured party to claim compensation from any government agency? 

On 8/30/2016 at 9:28 PM, suegarn said:

:lol:  You are joking, right Keithsc?    

Obviously not on regular town roads, but a little known fact, if you are on toll roads in Mexico and encounter a big pothole or other obstruction that causes damage to your car, and report it at the next toll booth, the Fed.highways dept. actually have to pay for the repairs. Not sure exactly what the process is, but I do know someone who utilized this.

Archived