Chapala.com Webboard

FOX news outdoes itself

mudgirl

Guest bennie2

80% of what these people say is a script from the bosses. these ppl make 7 figure salaries to talk none sence. there are a few excellent people @ fox. (they dont fool around). the bimbo is not one of them. they could have had poor researchers, not surprised.  many highrollers owns homes in mexico including jesse ventura, moviestars, CEOs. 

I stand corrected- was Fox Business. Never actually watch Fox (gag) but it popped up on the Yahoo Canada home page because she also wondered aloud why anyone in their right mind would want to move to Canada since its "freezing cold". Guess the thermometer that was registering 35 degrees C. when I was in the Okanangan a few weeks ago must have been broken...

We need to send that woman some money.  Keep those Gringos NOB, the traffic is bad enough as is.

Just listening to the interviews, no matter who wins, I gather that 50% of the people are leaving.  I hear it from both Trump and Hillary voters.

Thank God, I'm already in Mexico, I hate moving.

7 hours ago, mudgirl said:

I stand corrected- was Fox Business. Never actually watch Fox (gag) but it popped up on the Yahoo Canada home page because she also wondered aloud why anyone in their right mind would want to move to Canada since its "freezing cold". Guess the thermometer that was registering 35 degrees C. when I was in the Okanangan a few weeks ago must have been broken...

Not really.  Canada's climate other than on the west coast (very wet) is characterized by extremes of heat and cold.  There's a reason most Canadians are living as far south as they can and still remain in Canada.  

http://www.hellobc.com/thompson-okanagan/climate-weather.aspx

Beautiful country but the combination of extreme cold in the winter and very short daylight at the same time is a complete deal killer for me.  Average MAXIMUM temperature in January in that area is -1 degree C.  Yikes!

P.S. to Mudgirl.  Fox is hardly unique in their lousy reporting these days.  None of them are worth watching.  I'm with JRM, what passes for life up there these days makes me glad to live in Mexico flawed though it is.  Those people are going nuts up there. :D

But this woman was obviously oblivious to Canada's seasons, assuming it's cold all the time. Like so many other uneducated boobs. And with her claim, as mudgirl points out, about renouncing citizenship to buy property in Mexico, she becomes a poster child for everything that is wrong about "reporting" today. I studied journalism in university and college, and we used to value research and second-party confirmation. Not no more.

34 minutes ago, ComputerGuy said:

But this woman was obviously oblivious to Canada's seasons, assuming it's cold all the time. Like so many other uneducated boobs. And with her claim, as mudgirl points out, about renouncing citizenship to buy property in Mexico, she becomes a poster child for everything that is wrong about "reporting" today. I studied journalism in university and college, and we used to value research and second-party confirmation. Not no more.

Could it be on purpose? Do you think the Fox group wants to report the news correctly to their generally uninformed viewing audience and tell them you can have hot summers in Canada and can buy property in Mexico easily or are they trying hard to disinform people Canada and Mexico are hellholes to stay away from?

Just this morning, on CNN, their favorite bimbo asked a Trump supporter & campaign spokesperson, if illegal Mexicans in the USA would be able to go to a consulate or embassy to register to stay in the USA, & not have to leave, under Trump‘s plan.  He thought that might be a possibility. 

Neither seemed aware that there are no US consulates or embassies inside the USA.....They are all located in other countries....Catch-22?   Or, just pure ignorance?

2 hours ago, mtech1950 said:

news is entertainment these days, prolly gonna stay that way......

3 hours ago, ComputerGuy said:

God only knows, man. Lol.

1. play dumb

"Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary

English

verb

to play dumb ‎(third-person singular simple present plays dumb, present participle playing dumb, simple past and past participle played dumb)

1. To pretend to be mute.
      • 1904, Rex Ellingwood Beach, "The Mule Driver and the Garrulous Mute," in Pardners,
        I played dumb 'cause I knew if I talked at all, being simple and guileless, you all would twist me up and have the whole thing in a jiffy.
    2. (idiomatic) To pretend to be slow-witted or lacking in specific knowledge, usually in order to avoid responsibility or to gain some advantage."

Archived