Chapala.com Webboard

Auto body shop recommendation?

RandyW

5 hours ago, RandyW said:

I need a body shop to fix some dents and scratches, but the car is leased and I have to return it with a perfect paint match.  Can anyone suggest someone lakeside who can do this?

Not your question, but.....  I hope your leasing company is not going to notice that you have painted the car but you might want to have a story ready.

P.S.  Another vote for Lake Auto.

Because of the clear coat process it is very difficult to clear coat just a scratch.  When i took my car to a body shop NOB they would not just fix the scratch they have to clear coat the panel. Their explanation was that if they just clear coat the scratch after a few months you will be able to see the patch that was clear coated..

That I do understand. But I've never seen anyone clearcoat a scratch anyway; just buff it out, paint it in, and buff it up, with pro grade compounds and tools. Not every scratch requires a full panel job. It does look perfect when done, though... but maybe this is the difference in cost as seen by Bontekoe.

Lake do a great job and prices are good.  We have friends who had damage to the front and rear of their vehicle, a lot of work done to their car total price was 1800.00 pesos.  My husband has had scratches and one small dent removed it was 500 pesos.  Colour match was perfect.

Well!!!!  Got the car delivered to us a bit ahead of when they said they would be here.  We are so very pleased with the results...the outside and the detailing as well.  I'm no longer embarrassed to drive it....jijiji.  these guys are "keepers" as far as we are concerned.

Cell fon for German who is the assistant manager, totally hi-lingual if you need it....331 110 4121...Ricardo -General manager, also totally bi-lingual.

Now known as Body Shop Ajijic...just on the west side of the Waffle House

Archived