Chapala.com Webboard

Burglar in Rancho de Oro this morning

geeser

On 8/27/2016 at 0:38 PM, Semalu said:

Very true Chillin. My concern is the perp we are looking for has apparently already done time in jail so he will be more hardened than most "weekend samplers". Witness the recent car chase that resulted in the death of one of his associates and how quickly he is back at work after that incident. This bad boy is organized.

You are taking a quantum leap here by associating him with the robbery and car chase and death which occurred on 6 Aug in San Antonio. This guy appears to concentrate on the west end of the lake or at least west of Ajijic so has little in common with the guys who cased houses in Chula Vista for several days prior to their exposure. 

I also live on Linda Vista.  My husband saw a white Nissan parked in front of a neighbor's house with 2 men in it at 10.30 am Sunday. He drove out and waited and the car left. My husband did not know about the late so he did not check..it could have been another car.

I spoke with the gardener who told me he saw a white car several times in the last few days he says that a tall man with a back pack came out but he walked towards the lake. He thought the man was in his late 20´s early 30´s so it does not correspond to the picture. The gardner also says he saw that car several times on the street ..

Bookwooman did you or your neighbor see the man? Did he look like the picture?

Alfa, you may not have heard the entire story from other threads. The perp was seen originally associated with the car that was involved in the chase- so not such a leap. Lets not turn this thread into a hair splitting session please. Its more important the perp get stopped or at least stop his next robberies.

Did anyone get a picture of the second guy?

how old is the second guy? My husband saw 2 men in the car but cannot describe them , the gardner say the one he saw was in his late 20´s early 30s.. Bookwooman does that correspond to the one your neighbor saw? I have given the plate number to the gardener and a couple of neighbors so we can be on the look out.

There is no hair splitting there and it does sound like 2 people are involved so it is important to get the descriptions straight as that car has been sitting in front of number 16 several times in the last few days. These guys are obviously checking out the street and the lake front..

The young guy according to the gardener is " moreno".

I will probably be scolded for this , but gotta put it out there anyway . I  have only been here for 2 years , I have witnessed the way these guys are handled in the past . The police take everything from them , then drive them out of town , drop them off and it's over !   I suggest we don't call the police when we catch them . I have a 2.5 acre property here with an old corral . I am an old school Italian from Chicago , I say we give them some Italian justice , Probably would work better than this worthless justice here . They just come back and do it again !  So just call me .

.....or worse, this could be seen as a tempting  proposition except that rule of law requires just that,rule of law, else don't complain if you don't get it. Without it, you have anarchy. The problem does not seem to be in starting this sort of violence, it seems to be in how to stop it....

There was plenty of law and order under Hitler and Franco.. I do not know about Mussolini but I heard about life under Hitler from my parents and I remember the police under Franco and people did not step out of bound too much and if they did they were promptly arrested or worst.. 

Meanwhile as there is often no justice in Mexico, villages do take the law in their hands out of frustration. 

wouldnt be a party unless you invited hitler. stop it already. why go down this road? its 2016 & you are in mexico. we know the police dont arrest burgulars. case closed. thats the way it is, accept it.

I believe I saw the guy on Linda Vista two days ago around 11:00.  I had driven out of my gate but realized I had forgotten somehng so i pulled over and left the car on the street and went into the house.

When I returned a few minutes later I went to drive down the street when a white car turned into the street.  He started up the street but when he saw me slow down he backed up to the corner.  I waited for a couple of minutes before starting to drive again.  He then headed up the street and I watched as he pulled over around sixteen and then stopped and got out.  I went around the corner and watched.  He got back in his car and left. 

I had a good look at him when we crossed paths.  There was no one else with him.

There were workmen where he stopped and got out but he stopped near them.  only for a minute or two before leaving.

Yes Shira he has been seen several times on the street and the gardener saw him a couple of times parked in front of 16.. he is checking out the street, no doubt about it..He is also checking out the Lakefront or just going there to pretend he is just walking..

Archived