Chapala.com Webboard

Burglar in Rancho de Oro this morning

geeser

10:30 AM  The ladron who broke into several houses in West Ajijic and Ranchode Oro and Villa Nova over the last couple of weeks is in the neighborhood Rancho de Oro RIGHT NOW.

Description:
Big man 6' tall, wearing shorts with vertical 1" stripe, dark shirt. Just tried to break in to Condo Main gate at Rincon Colonia seen by Carlos trying to force gate open. He left walking and went up and turned corner on Rio Amazonas. Try to get photo if you see him.

10:58 AM  Carlos was able to find the ladron who was trying to break in to Rincon Colonia Condo main gate. He was getting into a white small Mazda SUV  Jalisco plate JJR9702. He had parked near Los Arroyos. Be on the look out! 

He is stashing the Mazda and walking to find targets. This man is light complection and is appx. 230 lbs and near 6' tall. with his dressing in shorts and tee shirt you he might appear to be a norteno, but speaks Mexican Spanish.

He is carrying Mace or pepper spray and has used it today. He was wearing a backpack that appeared empty.

Police came out and viewed his photo and said they knew him well. They were able to get his placa number from a photo. They say he has been jailed before and is currently being sought in Joco. They also said he is armed with Mace, screw driver, and hammer. Please report to police department if you see this car parked while he is working.

Thanks again for your diligence. For those of you not on the mailing list here is a picture of the guy that was the subject of yesterdays chase. He appears to be wanted by the police in Chapala and Jocotepec too. I wonder if he also fits the MO of the pepper spray bandit that has operated on and off over the years around here. Either way. lets keep up the pressure so these guys never get an easy welcome.

Notice as I received it today:

..."This is the Ladron who attempted to break in to Main Gate Rincon Colonial Condo.

(photo of man here)

This is the car he stashes near where he is operating (3 blocks away), Late model Mazda M5, Placa # JJR9702

(photo of Mazda here)

The Police said they know him and he has been in jail before. Currently they are looking for him and Jocoteoec is seeking him as well. Has on a backpack empty as he goes to do a break-in. Armed with Mace and screwdriver and hammer. If you see him or his car call: West Ajijic police truck cell 045-333-722-5566 or police dispatch 7661760 or 7654444

Photos are attached as .jpg"...

Ladron_Aug.jpg

LadronCar.jpg

Was it reported to the Joco police? I had thieves come in while I was in the house and my ATM cards and cash was stolen. They were nice enough to leave my other documents. I told the Joco cops and filed a report. The police waited a couple of days at the thief's house until he came home because they knew who it was. The Joco cops are great at going after a thief. 

Only a lawyer can answer that question Ajijic hiker, but it may have to do with why burglaries are also hard to convict NOB - lack of evidence. It may boil down to your word against theirs. So get a camera, video, voice recorder etc, anything you can to record evidence.

Thanks for posting the new pics Anita. This new vehicle suggests he is using stolen cars. He also may not be a local fellow but drives in from GDL or elsewhere. We also see him potentially using disguises. The fellow I saw in RdeO was as seen in the first picture above and was spry and very friendly when questioned by a neighbour  a few weeks ago. The other day My workers saw him leave the area wearing a greyish beard after apparently hiding out on Rio Condor with the Mazda. So he knew he had been fingered and came prepared. Now you have him limping and with a cane. All in all, I think we should be prepared for disguises and different vehicles used.

That he does this in broad daylight shows us he is brazen and confident. If this is the same guy that robbed the earlier couple at gunpoint in their home then he is also dangerous so please do not approach him yourself. Call police and alert the neighbourhood  watch. Take pictures of him only if you can safely do so -from a distance or remotely.

1.Never open your doors to strangers, no matter how benign and friendly they may seem.

2. If a person rings at your door but fails to identify themselves adequately, hides from your video or otherwise try's to get you to open the door while they cannot be seen - Do Not open the door. Insist they step in front of the video or porthole so they can be seen. Better yet, just call the police if a caller like that shows up at your door.

3. Get yourself onto a neighborhood watch list so you can receive alerts. I don't know who signed me up, but I want to thank them.

12 hours ago, Ajijic_hiker said:

I wonder why the cops haven't found this guy yet...unless he's related to one of them.  I've heard that the cops can't/won't do anything unless they actually witness the crime...caught in the act, in other words....so, if a person shoots and kills someone, can they get away with it, as long as the cops aren't there to witness it?  Just wondering..that might explain why only 1% of crimes are punished in Mexico.

You have heard wrong. The police have a number of snitchs who they call upon for information. These are often street level people - so if one them says this new guy is really bad news, you can bet they will get on it right away. They handcuff them in the back of their pickup, take their money, drive them 30 miles out of town, and then release them. Fear and intimidation is a powerful tool - much cheaper than incarceration.

Very true Chillin. My concern is the perp we are looking for has apparently already done time in jail so he will be more hardened than most "weekend samplers". Witness the recent car chase that resulted in the death of one of his associates and how quickly he is back at work after that incident. This bad boy is organized.

Anyone who is concerned about people showing up at the door might consider purchasing a visual/speaker unit.  We bought ours at Steren. Can't remember the price, but it's not inexpensive. Our casa is at the back of the lot, so it takes a while to get to the front gate whether it's friend or foe.  Since we live in Centro Ajijic, some doorbell ringers are just kids doing a little mischief, some are beggars, some are sellers, and some are hoping to do a little evangelizing.  When the doorbell rings, we simply pop up the picture and ask who it is.  Saves time and aggravation, and maybe some burglarizing.:ph34r:

I understand he has broken into two houses in Las Fuentes when the owners were not home. A friend said he even knocked on their neighbor's door. Las Fuentes has started a neighborhood watch program. They take turns in the guard booth and take turns driving around the development. So far this guy uses three different cars and two motor cycles.

Since the police already know who he is and can't seem to keep him out of the area and he probably doesn't read Chapala.com I wonder how he would feel to have banners posted around town with that close up of his face?  It only takes a day to print banners.   At least he'd get the message that he's known and not wanted, the entire community would know what he looks like, not just those who read this webboard. 

18 hours ago, El Saltos said:

A baseball bat to the knees will be more effective!

Since the police are unlikely to take any action unless a crime is in progress, i.e. they catch the perp in your home with your valuables in his hands, then I agree it would be more effective to put a bat to the knee, but it must be a solid hit with full force.  Then drag him into your home and put the valuables in his hands, then call the police.  Then at least you have a 50/50 chance that he may be jailed for a few days.  If he gets out, I doubt if he will return to your area.  Just sayin....

• 4 weeks later...

Archived