Chapala.com Webboard

Arrachera Ajijic?

kam

La Oficina in Chapala has added arrachera to their Wed. only menu and they do a right nice job of it.  It's usually too salty for me, but I've enjoyed it at La Oficina.  You have to let them know ahead of time that you'll be there on Wed. & how many of you there are.  They offer 5 other entrees that they can tell you all about when/if you make reservations.  BTW, it's not fancy, but the food is good & they're very accommodating.

14 hours ago, kam said:

I am looking for a good arrachera restaurant in Ajiic. Birthday coming up and the Birthday Boy loves arrachera. Help? Advice? Please, not Costco, although it is good we would enjoy a restaurant. Muchas gracias. 

Not in Ajijic, but one good birthday choice, IMO:  Arileo, on the road going west to Jocotepec, past the second Pemex station, but well before you get to San Juan Cosala.  Pleasant large restaurant; specializes in good meat.  Closed on Wednesdays. 

Just about every restaurant in Lakeside has arrachera on their menu.  And everyone will have different opinions on which one they think is best.  I would say that you start with the most popular restaurant, Tango (according to TripAdvisor reviews).  It also depends on what type of atmosphere you're looking for, and if you want to dine in a particular area.

Archived