Chapala.com Webboard

help finding kitchen cabinet hardware and fountain parts

In another thread someone suggested Tonala for fountain parts.  Can anyone direct me more specifically.  Also have looked at the hardware in Prisa store and, although they have some shown, they have none in stock.  Have been told Guadalajara but not where and am hoping I can also find them in Tonala.

Nino Heroes and Gonzalez Gallo in GDL are the nucleus of construction supply. If they do not have what you want, ask them multiple times for a referral. You will eventually find what you need. Welcome to shopping  "a la Mexicana". Also some good guys out San Agustin way in GDL, Check  your internet.

Home Depot on Lopez Mateo.  They have a huge selection of cabinet hardware.  You actually take the pieces from a bin, no worry about being in stock as in your post. We were able to purchase enough matching items for 20 cabinets and 14 drawers in the kitchen, along with large quantities of matching items for banos. They have inexpensive to high end pieces.

Just a hint that I never would have thought of if I hadn't experienced it myself. Avoid hardware that stands away from the cabinet on a long stem. They are very pretty and catch on everything. Both husband and I have torn too many clothes to count. Experience teaches.

• 3 weeks later...

My report on buying hardware.  Went to Home Depot for first outing and they indeed had a large selection of everything they were selling.  At the time, I did not understand how important that was and on another day went to Ninos Heroes.  Went to both Cerrajes and Jako (yes, not Jaco which seems only to be in Mexico).  They both had a lovely selection but we found them to only have two or three, the item was discontinued or custom made and took ten weeks, etc. 

We finally settled on the one that they has ten of and 20 more in other stores.  We are happy with what we got but would have been happier with our favorite which had been discontinued.

Archived