Chapala.com Webboard

smart phones, simple instructions

donnie

Try googling the brand and model  of your new phone.  I found lots of simple instructions for my BlackBerry when I first got it.  The instructions are written assuming you already have a base knowledge of the  programs  which I did not,  Each manufacturer will have slightly different way to do whatever it is you want to do.  Good Luck and have fun it is a good rainy day activity

Go to YouTube and search for some tutorials there. By far the easiest way to have a visual guide right in front of you instead of written instructions. You might also benefit from searching for "Android tutorial" or "iPhone tutorial" rather than including the name of the actual manufacturer.

20 hours ago, donnie said:

just got a new smart phone and can find serious techno genius manual in spanish or french but nothing simple enough for an elderly beginner....anyone know a site..smart phones for dummies?? thanks

What's the Best Smartphone for People Who Aren't Good with Technology?

Simplicity and Ease of Use

As we've noted before, the Windows Phone is a really good option for people looking for what essentially amounts to a dumbphone that can also surf the web, check email, and navigate you around town. The interface is easy to use at a glance, and if someone's coming from a dumbphone they're not going to struggle too much to use the phone at first.

Archived