Chapala.com Webboard

Delivery of bottled water by the liter?

Lexy

Does it exist: trucks that deliver cases of bottled water in liters? If so, can anyone give me the details--who does it, what's their number? I mean, other than the local delivery service of Costco items.

Lexy

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sure Lexy has a reason for this... maybe it's getting too difficult to move around the bigger containers. But if you're driving, WalMart carries 1 litre water bottles of different brands for a lot less.

That's true, CG--I really can't cope with those large 500 ml bottles.

I do get liters of water from SuperLake and I also order cases of Kirkland water by the liter from Costco from the people who deliver Costco orders. However in addition to the fee for delivery they have added additional charges on some things I happen to order regularly, including water by the case.

I thought I'd look for someone locally who delivers liters of water by the case is so I can order it any time. But I think you're right, that it may not exist.

Lexy

Yes, the charge is now 5 pesos on top of the regular per-item fee for water; this begins to cut into the savings. However, as was pointed out to me, do I really want to drive into Guad myself for this stuff? Hmmm...

If you live where the trucks deliver 19L garafones, you might have to get a pair of dispenser stands and an “agua“ sign for your door.  They will place the garafones in the stands for you, and you never have to handle them. You could fill your own 1L bottles from the dispenser at your convenience.

When one garafon is empty, put out your sign for re-supply.

OK, I just took a look at the bottle of water in my frig. Here is what I buy and this is how it appears on the label:

Cont. Neto: 1,5L . So that's what I'd like to have delivered in a whole case of them. I was mistaken when I wrote 1 liter.

Lexy

Dear Sir or Madame:

Regarding your inquiry we have bottles of 1.5 litters accordingly, please let me know the quantity you need. On a regular basis our customers buy 12 or  6 pieces on the regular size 500 ml. But we can deliver the amount you need. We invite you to visit  our store, Facebook site: Agua Purificada de los Pirineos or you can call us @ 3331393185. Thanks

Mrs Ortega

Pirineos Owner.

Archived