Chapala.com Webboard

More on Vallarta kidnappings

Al Berca

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest bennie2

right MSM..... there is no cartel violence. thats a rightwing conspiracy- we already arrested them & they are under control. in any event, who cares?? there are many levels of drug dealers. topdog to street dog. who do you helped build the hospitals in mex? who do you think are part owners in major shopping malls? none of this affects us, so & so what.

It does affect us. Earlier this year there was a Mexican man, in the Ajijic Plaza, he was well known for his guitar playing (especially 'Stairway to Heaven', his pool playing skills, and unfortunately for him, selling small quantities of cannabis to local gringos. At $25 U.S. an ounce, I doubt very much he was getting rich, he just liked being liked. He was probably growing up in the mountains. Anyways the cartel that control Ajijic Plaza got word of this, they told him he must sell for $35 US and buy the cannabis from them. They warned him a second time, then a third time. Then they shot him dead with three bullets to the head, in daylight hours. This was a front page story in Guadalajara Reporter. I never met the man personally, but many were sad to see him lost in this way, and certainly not only cannabis users.

A lot of people decided that day never to buy anything, or anyone (yes, there is a lot of prostitution here), cartel tainted. I am told that day, many decided to start growing their own, especially medical grade cannabis, these strains are not available in Mexico. Apparently they are never sold, but only given away to people who need this medicine.

Guest bennie2

chillin, there are degenerate areas in every city & town. hangout in the wrong places, you get what you get. there were 2 other drug murders (i know of) in the last few years: taco man @ midnight. taxi driver in chapala. i dont feel threateded in the least. i am not a customer or go to the plaza, or eat tacos on the street. none of this affects me, sorted gossip. who cares about prostitutes & drug sales? apparently you do. 

Pappy - what strikes me is the video shows they had one large table in La Leche, no other patrons, the restaurant must have known something was up, and they deserve a loss of business as a result. Secondly, who goes to a four star restaurant dressed in jeans and casual clothes - a gangsta and his entourage, that's who.

I seen this once at El Dorado restaurant, two cars parked - a Ferrari and a Maserati Quadracoupe, both young men, each accompanied by two even younger women. They tried to skip on their bill, all the waiters and staff stood together and demanded that they leave. They did, then all of a sudden the Federales swooped in, in masks and rifles, the gangstas ran to the beach, discarded what they didn't want to find, then drove away as cool as ice. Turns out they were sons of cartel, borrowing Daddie's cars.

2 hours ago, Xena said:

This is the only update I could find about the kidnapping. UK again. Anyone else find anything about a release?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3751192/El-Chapo-s-son-29-five-released-unharmed-rival-cartel-kidnapped-gunpoint-upscale-resort-restaurant.html

Here's a link to a lengthy article in El Universal, reporting the release of Chapo's son. According to the article, his release was announced by Chapo's family and reported by Rio Doce, a weekly newspaper in Sinaloa, and the AFP (I guess that means the French Press Agency). No government agency has yet to confirm his release.

http://www.eluniversal.com.mx/articulo/nacion/politica/2016/08/21/reportan-liberacion-de-hijo-de-el-chapo

[Yes, it's the same Alex. When the board was reformatted, I got a new screen name. Guess I'm stuck with it now.]

On 2016-08-20 at 11:34 AM, CHILLIN said:

Pappy - what strikes me is the video shows they had one large table in La Leche, no other patrons, the restaurant must have known something was up, and they deserve a loss of business as a result.....

Don't be too quick to blame the restaurant. It is not unusual for a restaurant to rent itself out to groups for private functions. We have done it many times for fund raising events. The restaurants have never asked us for guest lists ahead of time. I can easily see why a group such as this one would have preferred hiring a private venue vs dining in public. I also see no reason why the restaurant would have had any idea who the birthday/engagement party guests would be. Did any of you supply proof of identity of your guest list at your own private events over the years (weddings, retirement parties etc).

Considering it is now off season I am sure the restaurant just needed the business.

The way the government is blacking out any reliable news coverage, I feel like I'm watching that commercial I see often on TV for ServPro.

"Like it never even happened".

Archived