Chapala.com Webboard

moonhill

I see so many duplicate threads on popular restaurants lately (for example... Chillin') that I had to start a new one about Gosha's since the other thread got so far off topic.

We ate there today for the first time and both my husband and I were very glad we did. The food was absolutely delicious, the service impeccable, and the setting lovely. We have a lot of restaurants to choose from and so it took us a while to get around to trying this one out. More often than not we find ourselves leaving a place and whispering to each other that we don't need to bother going there again, but not this time. I would recommend this place.

Thank you for letting us know about your experience. I too am planning to try it but it does take me a while to get around to a new place, especially when it is located in Ajjic centro. This sounds like a place well worth my effort though.

We went there for lunch again today and decided to try something other than the sandwiches on baguettes.  We shared a beef brochette special and a small sandwich with a side of a half Caesar salad for me and a cup of the three meat special soup for him.  The brochette was two large brochette sticks and it came with a very nice side of rice and of coleslaw.  Other brochette options were chicken or shrimp.  My "small" sandwich on wheat was the size of a normal "sandwich" and the wheat bread option made it easier to eat than the baguette, I will admit.  I got the idea from dining with a friend there last week who wears dentures and avoids baguettes altogether.  I have all my choppers, fortunatley, but recommend that option for those who are chopper-challenged or denture wearers.  They serve any sandwich that way upon request.

Everything was, as usual, fresh and delicious.

Parking: Parked right down the block just before Bruno's.  Gosha's is a little east of that.

Love their tuna salad plate!  I've had it several times, and it's always fabulous.  It consists of lots of tuna, mixed with red cabbage served on lettuce leaves, surrounded by grape tomatoes, cucumber slices, avocado slices, and mango chunks, and half of a fresh sesame seed baguette!  DELICIOUS!  

7 minutes ago, suegarn said:

Love their tuna salad plate!  I've had it several times, and it's always fabulous.  It consists of lots of tuna, mixed with red cabbage served on lettuce leaves, surrounded by grape tomatoes, cucumber slices, avocado slices, and mango chunks, and half of a fresh sesame seed baguette!  DELICIOUS!  

I have the menu and will post it as soon as I can put it all together.

My husband had that soup today and loved it!

I was there today and had the "nearly famous" sandwich/soup combo. Best price around. As has been reported, the turkey sandwich with a buncha goodies, on a superb sesame seed baguette, was perfect. Could not have been better. The lima soup was a very clear and tasty broth with some chicken, crisp tortilla strips, lime juice and some veg, and was delicious. Service was super-speedy, even though there was several tables and a party going on. If I had a complaint, it was that the very tasty cucumber/limon agua fresca was in a tiny glass 1/3 full of ice for 20p. That could easily be overcome by noticing that I also got a small side of an excellent potato salad included in the price. I will go back.

58 minutes ago, ComputerGuy said:

I was there today and had the "nearly famous" sandwich/soup combo. Best price around. As has been reported, the turkey sandwich with a buncha goodies, on a superb sesame seed baguette, was perfect. Could not have been better. The lima soup was a very clear and tasty broth with some chicken, crisp tortilla strips, lime juice and some veg, and was delicious. Service was super-speedy, even though there was several tables and a party going on. If I had a complaint, it was that the very tasty cucumber/limon agua fresca was in a tiny glass 1/3 full of ice for 20p. That could easily be overcome by noticing that I also got a small side of an excellent potato salad included in the price. I will go back.

...on the other hand, if you like iced tea, it comes with endless refills.  Note:  if the baguette presents a challege, the sandwiches can be served on regular bread by request.

2 hours ago, ComputerGuy said:

Did not see that. That's a winner for me. The sandwich on the baguette got really sloppy, because the bread was so fresh... I would never give that up (I still have my own chompers).

Me, too, on the choppers, but when I had it on the wheat bread, it was much tidier.  I also ask for "light on the mayo".  Fussy, fussy.:rolleyes:

Not like the folks at Gosha's need more kudos, but since they deserve them, here goes.

I had tried the Sopa de Lima before and liked it very much so was happy to see it on today's menu at lunch. Combined it with the much-heralded roast turkey sandwich and yes, it was great. Half sandwich and soup. (If that's a "half" sandwich I'd hate to face an entire one.) I even asked the waiter that, if possible/available, I'd prefer dark meat on the turkey sandwich, and that's exactly what I got. Delicious. Excellent service, good food, and a more than fair price. Slam dunk for me today. 

Archived