Chapala.com Webboard

Just Chillin

mhopkins2

23 minutes ago, Xena said:

The purpose of La Cocina is for people to talk about local restaurants, offer reviews and opinions so others may know more about it both good and bad. It is not a place for fans only to hype up their favorite places. If I was a newcomer and read this thread I would not have high expectations for the food. I would expect good drinks and a noisy, happy environment. I would know the place had a quite loyal band of followers who do not want to hear anything negative about "The Kids" or the restaurant. If I was looking for some fun and a drink with something to nosh on I would head over to try it. If I wanted a really good meal and to have some quiet conversation I would make a different choice. That is what makes threads like this useful.

I agree completely.  Different strokes.  However, some people get unduly defensive about their favorite restaurant.  What's the point? There are wildly different tastes out there.  There's room for all of them.  If nobody or hardly anybody likes a place, the for sale or rent sign goes up shortly.

On 8/27/2016 at 5:28 PM, CBGUY said:

Hugs are great. I love hugs! When we go out to eat, we want good food and, besides, I get hugs at home.....somerimes?

That's great, but not everyone has someone at home to give hugs!  

Sometimes you just want to go "where everybody knows your name, and they're always glad you came'....(I'm sure you'll be singing the theme song when you read that line!)   :)

All restaurants I patronize even semi-regularly are very happy to see me and most dispense hugs in the very natural Mexican form of greeting and leave taking. I do not understand why some people act as though Just Chillin' is the only restaurant that is warm and welcoming in general and hugs regular customers. 

On 8/27/2016 at 2:36 PM, gringal said:

I agree completely.  Different strokes.  However, some people get unduly defensive about their favorite restaurant.  What's the point? There are wildly different tastes out there.  There's room for all of them.  If nobody or hardly anybody likes a place, the for sale or rent sign goes up shortly.

Exactly.  These guys did fine when they were over on the west side.  Clearly they are selling something that enough people want to buy.  I'm happy for them, they're nice people and an asset to the neighborhood and our area.

They just aren't selling what I want to buy.  I freely admit I'm really hard to please when it comes to eating out.  I'm a tough customer particularly since the price of eating out around here has gone up pretty fast, particularly if you want a drink with that.  It seems that most of the places here have discovered they can make more money on their bars than on their food.  That wasn't the case in my experience 8 years ago.

I wish the Chillin' folks all the best and the market will decide.

13 minutes ago, Xena said:

All restaurants I patronize even semi-regularly are very happy to see me and most dispense hugs in the very natural Mexican form of greeting and leave taking. I do not understand why some people act as though Just Chillin' is the only restaurant that is warm and welcoming in general and hugs regular customers. 

Hey Xena!! "Take it easy". Let's move on, every restaurant has its own style. Anyway we send you a big hug ?

Nothing personal, Just Chillin'. As long as you have customers here touting the hugs, you will have other people wondering why that is a major selling point when other restaurants do the same. Like Mainecoons I wish you well. You obviously are meeting a demand in Ajijic even if some of us do not understand exactly what it is. You make a lot of customers very happy and I congratulate you for that.

21 minutes ago, Xena said:

Nothing personal, Just Chillin'. As long as you have customers here touting the hugs, you will have other people wondering why that is a major selling point when other restaurants do the same. Like Mainecoons I wish you well. You obviously are meeting a demand in Ajijic even if some of us do not understand exactly what it is. You make a lot of customers very happy and I congratulate you for that.

If you really want a hug, how about volunteering at an orphanage or animal shelter?

I think we got it: Some folks aren't that keen on hugs or menu at Just Chillin'. Time to drop the subject. It's beginning to sound unnecessarily unkind.

Just Chillin', you've got your fans. You know who they are.

Good luck. . .

Lexy

Archived