Chapala.com Webboard

Where to buy Boric Acid Powder

sm1mex

You can also pick it up at pretty much any hardware store, and WalMart as well. Usually comes in a spice-jar sized bottle. We use it for roaches too. But I have to tell you: there is a great product that works extremely well., and doesn't require little piles of boric powder lieing around on your counters... Roaches find the delivery "food" delicious: it's a borax base in a skim milk/sucrose gum. It's called "El Devorador" and I get it at the Regalos Luz "everything" store off the plaza in Ajijic for about 35p. You drop a few bits around the house where you know they hang out, and a day or two later your roach problem is gone. (It's on a shelf in the right rear of the store where they keep various soaps and cleaning powders. Bright green and orange/yellow box the size of a pack of smokes.)

I used to have the Fleabusters distributorship in San Mateo county, CA.  We used a powder that eliminated fleas in the home which eliminated them on the pet.  It was extremely successful until Advantage appeared on the market.  It was boric acid.

Fully carpeted homes work best, but you can get same results from area rugs in each room.  Sprinkle on rugs and brush in.  Also under cushions of furniture.  This is where fleas go to lay eggs after breeding and a blood meal on your pet.  The boric acid will kill the flea and the eggs or new hatchings.  It is a dessicant. 

Archived