Chapala.com Webboard

Canelas is no more

mhopkins2

Four of us decided to go to Canela's new location at La Mission today.  Surprise, Canela's is no more.  They moved NOB.  So we thought we'd try the new Simply Thai location on Zaragoza.  Surprise, closed Wednesdays.  Okay, off to Ives.  Can always eat their taco salad.  Whoops, also closed Wednesdays.  Ended up at the movie plaza for Tripps, Chinese food and Subway.  Do wish the Chinese food were fresher.

5 hours ago, mhopkins2 said:

Four of us decided to go to Canela's new location at La Mission today.  Surprise, Canela's is no more.  They moved NOB.  So we thought we'd try the new Simply Thai location on Zaragoza.  Surprise, closed Wednesdays.  Okay, off to Ives.  Can always eat their taco salad.  Whoops, also closed Wednesdays.  Ended up at the movie plaza for Tripps, Chinese food and Subway.  Do wish the Chinese food were fresher.

Gone in 60 seconds?  That was fast!

FYI, open for lunch on Wednesdays:  Cocinart on 16 de Septiembre but the real "specials" start Thursday.  Gosha's El Jardin on the Carreterra. Those are my two top Wednesday choices.  The restaurant on the Ajijic Plaza with the outdoor tables.  Others may chime in with additions.

I would personally avoid the Chinese food joint at the Laguna Mall. You saw the reason.  Trip's is a better option.

Boy Canelas did not last long, we did not even get to go to new location, Oh swell, there many other options who have been here awhile, although I had the worst Reuben at Cydneys the other day, cooked on top and raw and soggy bottom,  Cocinart is by far the best one, always cooked to perfection..I have never gone wrong with any choice there..

With the lack of food it is really hard to be fat in Ajijic!

Archived