Chapala.com Webboard

New Thread- People with nothing to complain about

CHILLIN

Where I live, up in the hills, garbage pickup, regular two days a week (3 if you count garden waste), lots of fresh, clean water (although we try to conserve it), very quiet, safe (but not stupid), everything grows here like on steroids, good gardeners tending mature, multi-species gardens. Supposed to rain today - but instead hot sun. Going to make up some "Picco de Gallo" made with fresh, organic Jicama from our garden, drink some wine. 5 minutes to Soriana on a fairly good highway, Walmart/Ajijic 10 minutes away, on a very good highway. Sigh - I must be living in very different part of Mexico.

We live in an all Mexican born neighborhood and we have been accepted as if we have lived here all our lives. I am consulted about things by the local government, although I am surprised by that. We have six days a week garbage pickup, a new street with new water and sewer lines is being putting in and it is being done correctly based on local custom.

If I was as angry and unhappy as some....I would have returned to my former home years ago....I am NOT unhappy.

We were happy and contented on Ocampo, in Ajijic ^_^. Then we were even more happy and contented on Lopez Cotilla, in Chapala :).

Now we are bored stiff in Tucson :010:

Once Mexico becomes “home“, you are spoiled for life.....unless something is wrong with you that makes you complain about everything.  If that is the case, Mexico will never become a happy home for you, and you should leave.  You know who you are, don‘t you?

13 minutes ago, RVGRINGO said:

We were happy and contented on Ocampo, in Ajijic ^_^. Then we were even more happy and contented on Lopez Cotilla, in Chapala :).

Now we are bored stiff in Tucson :010:

Once Mexico becomes “home“, you are spoiled for life.....unless something is wrong with you that makes you complain about everything.  If that is the case, Mexico will never become a happy home for you, and you should leave.  You know who you are, don‘t you?

Does that also apply elsewhere, such as Tucson? Just sayin'... Just maybe, some people are "locked in " here just as some are "locked in" in Tucson. Ever think?  :(

5 hours ago, CHILLIN said:

Where I live, up in the hills, garbage pickup, regular two days a week (3 if you count garden waste), lots of fresh, clean water (although we try to conserve it), very quiet, safe (but not stupid), everything grows here like on steroids, good gardeners tending mature, multi-species gardens. Supposed to rain today - but instead hot sun. Going to make up some "Picco de Gallo" made with fresh, organic Jicama from our garden, drink some wine. 5 minutes to Soriana on a fairly good highway, Walmart/Ajijic 10 minutes away, on a very good highway. Sigh - I must be living in very different part of Mexico.

Thank you CHILLIN!  It's so refreshing to see something positive on this webboard for a change!  You and the others that have posted positive messages here sound like the kind of people I've been trying to meet for the last two years here in Ajijic!

We will be back in Chapala in 2weeks and looking forward to it. We are in Venice, Italy now with more tourist than I have ever imagined..been here several times before but nothing like this. The 4 of us had drinks at Harry's Bar last night as is our tradition. Still the same place but 2 rounds of drinks, i.e. 8 drinks $156 euros...before any tip..Get me back to my Mexican home and a quiet and uncrowned exhistance...viva Mexico..

I also read the posts about too much noise, potholes, planes overhead. Then everyday I drive to my businesses and look at the beautiful mountains, coffee with nice people in Joco and I thank God for all the stuff I have. 3 homes, three cars, two golf carts a scooter and thanks to Amazon more useless stuff than I could have imagined.  Just a few years ago I had nothing. Tortillas and cheese, hot cakes three times a day. A struggle.   Mexico has become the land of opportunity  and plenty. My wife and I kept a positive attitude and always moved forward. Also lots of hard work and little sleep. I am so lucky to live here.

Great thread!

Look bigd its what you want it to be.  For him/her its that.  For me its something else.  I can live quite well with him/her and they can live with me.  Mexico is a much more libertarian culture than up north.  The point was being made that life is good here now what that means is something else to be discussed but trust me life is pretty cool down here unless it isn't.   Folks come and go.  Mexico is not for everybody but one thing we agree on is life is pretty interesting (whatever that means) for most of us. The ones who don't fit in move on or turn bitchy a little bit.  I can live with that. 

Personally I love my life in Mexico but will admit to not liking potholes that eat a car like C.B. found on the way to the airport.  I don't see how one is connected to another.  Life is still pretty damn good for my family and friends here. 

Hola,  Yesterday I found out this is the TOB.  It is nice to see some positive comments. I was reading a bunch of comments on the other TOB about this TOB yesterday.  I am not sure what topic I need to read that references this TOB by the other TOB.   I just need to HOB NOB with the TOB.

I think they were talking about some lady author.

Thanks, BB

I apologize for my prior post here.  I found the topic I was looking for.  It has been locked by the moderator.  Seems like a good idea to lock it.

TOB's, BB

I forgot about discovering the music of Mexico. I really didn't know a lot about it before we moved. What a treasure chest of glorious musicianship. If you want to be a singer is this country, you really got to have your chops down tight.

2 hours ago, BILLBOGEY said:

Hola,  Yesterday I found out this is the TOB.  It is nice to see some positive comments. I was reading a bunch of comments on the other TOB about this TOB yesterday.  I am not sure what topic I need to read that references this TOB by the other TOB.   I just need to HOB NOB with the TOB.

I think they were talking about some lady author.

Thanks, BB

They lack for something to do over there and when they get tired of beating each up for variety they malign this board and its members.

There's no droids there, move on. :D

The lady author was probably Lisa Jorgensen who is promising an expose on some prominent folks here.  She sent out a bunch of emails about it.

Sometimes taking the "high road" is closing your eyes and mind to reality. Doubt that serves as any benefit to anyone. Many posters asking questions about Lakeside are looking for the truth and reality, not through "rose colored " glasses.  I find a thread like this is for those who need verification that their choice of coming to Mexico to live was not a mistake.

One thing I am trying to change in myself is not to practise always being "right" - the so called cynical reality Hud claims, "The Truth? You Can't Handle the Truth" sort of thing. Instead practise being kind, very hard to do, some are naturals - but I guarantee it will change your life for  the better. We are both much happier, and filled with life, I feel as though my life, love, and health, are improving every year here. A sensational feeling, believe me!

Archived