Chapala.com Webboard

Seguro Popular application

I know there has been numerous posts on applying for SP.  My question is where can I get the application to complete BEFORE I bring in all the required documents.  Do I have to go to the SP clinic or what.  Also, I heard there is a place in San Antonio Tlay where we can sign up.  Any info to shorten the process would be appreciated.

Just got mine today.   You need a copy of your Passport, CURP, Visa Perrmanente and most recent electric bill. Find the SP office in the nearest Centro de Salud. They fill out everything and you just sign

I also went and got it done today for me and my wife.  It was very simple.  Took the forms needed, went to the clinic in Chapala at about 12:30.  There were 2 people ahead of me and we were out of there and done by 1:00!  Speaking a little Spanish helps but not necessary.

P.S.  Went to the clinic in SAT first but they no longer do the processing there.

3 hours ago, desertdave said:

I also went and got it done today for me and my wife.  It was very simple.  Took the forms needed, went to the clinic in Chapala at about 12:30.  There were 2 people ahead of me and we were out of there and done by 1:00!  Speaking a little Spanish helps but not necessary.

P.S.  Went to the clinic in SAT first but they no longer do the processing there.

Still don't know the location........Where is the clinic in Chapala?  Can someone tell me?

It's on Flavio Romero #406.  Go down Carreterra into Chapala, turn left at light and go one block past Flavio Romero which is one way.  Turn right on next block where the Bus Station is and go all the way down to the end.  Turn right and then right again on Flavio Romero.  It's about a block and a half on the left.

10 hours ago, desertdave said:

It's on Flavio Romero #406.  Go down Carreterra into Chapala, turn left at light and go one block past Flavio Romero which is one way.  Turn right on next block where the Bus Station is and go all the way down to the end.  Turn right and then right again on Flavio Romero.  It's about a block and a half on the left.

Thank you!

• 1 month later...

What are these booklets that you speak of?  When we applied for SP (with the help of a Spanish translator), we were only given a sheet of paper titled 'Poliza de Afiliacion' which we signed, and they stamped it with 'Expediente Completo' and their signature and date.  Do we need something else to show if we visit a clinic?

On 9/28/2016 at 0:28 PM, Jerajijic said:

Can I apply in Chapala although I don't live in the county?

Do you mean municipality? I have been told you need to apply in the municipality where you reside. The main clinic is in Chapala. If you live in Ajijic, apply in Chapala and then go to the clinic in 6 Corners for treatment if you want. If you mean you don't live in the Country, of course not.

We registered in Jocotepec and are assigned to the clinic in San Juan Cosala.  The booklet is given when you go to the clinic and make your first appt.  It is for logging your appts.  If there is some other booklet, I am not aware...we have had the program for nearly three years... our booklet was full so the Dr. issued a new one last visit and shows the date and time we see him again.  I think this is the answer you are looking for.  

Kobi

Today the office manager for SP here in SMA called me and asked to meet. Without going in to detail she suggested best to sign up soon as major changes are coming. 

In SMA vast majority of TR and PR expats join SP and few IMSS. The local administration wants as many as possible to join. Their funding is at least partly based on enrollment. I have signed up well over 1000 including some Mexican nationals. SP staff make trips regularly into the surrounding communities to sign up as many as possible. Please encourage Mexican neighbors, gardeners, maids etc to join including taking them to the office to do so. 

I have a page regarding healthcare on my web site.

saludos

Sonia

I don't know if you charge for this service, but there is a great number of expats here, who want to sign up, but are befuddled by the system. Not only sign them up, but get to see a doctor, and translate what medications they are on, medical history, health objectives, - open a file with sema numbers, etc. Too much to ask for you to be a medical companion, if someone has to go in for surgery. I'll bet you could set up a choice of medical companions, and screen applicants, fairly easy.

3 hours ago, CHILLIN said:

I don't know if you charge for this service, but there is a great number of expats here, who want to sign up, but are befuddled by the system. Not only sign them up, but get to see a doctor, and translate what medications they are on, medical history, health objectives, - open a file with sema numbers, etc. Too much to ask for you to be a medical companion, if someone has to go in for surgery. I'll bet you could set up a choice of medical companions, and screen applicants, fairly easy.

This is a good idea, but if you're asking Sonia about doing it, she lives in San Miguel de Allende.  We need someone local here, like maybe Spencer McMullen!

The tune is running through my head: 

“Take my hand, I'm a stranger in Paradise. All lost in a wonderland. A stranger in paradise. If I stand starry eyed, That's a danger in Paradise Mortals who stand ........“

3 hours ago, suegarn said:

This is a good idea, but if you're asking Sonia about doing it, she lives in San Miguel de Allende.  We need someone local here, like maybe Spencer McMullen!

Sue - on another post she is tempted to purchase a rent to own home in Las Brisas. I'm sure Spencer wants to tag along with anyone to translate the symptoms and recommended treatment for their latest hemmoroids outbreak.

Archived