Chapala.com Webboard

Mr. P's street

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am new at this.  What is the presidente supposed to do?  Is that person elected by Mexican citizens in the Lake Chapala area?  If you pay real estate taxes in Lake Chapala do you any say so in the trash, and other problems that have been noted?  Please feel free to educate me.  Thanks, BB

I am laughing so hard that I cannot type.........:rolleyes:

Seriously: This is not Kansas and politics are quite different.  Term limit is 3 years, so you have to get rich quickly.......maybe run for a different office later. Meanwhile, make all your friend$ and relative$ as happy as you can, while you $quirrel away a bit for yourself.

This may not be quite accurate, but many will suspect that it might be.  It is vaguely similar to the USA & other countries, but just much more “open and understood“, as they say.

23 hours ago, JayBearII said:

Harry, do I remember correctly that the presidente lives in La Floresta?

As to the agenda, why don't we start a new thread and people can submit their biggest complaints and we can put together a list?

He owns a rental there. As to the rest, bi-lingual Gloria Perales has been given the "helper" portfolio by the Government. That has already been discussed on here several times. Good luck with your list and getting a gang together. That should really work for you.

Guest bennie2

MC, the taxes in chapala are much lower, right? since they are higher in ajijic & going up, yes you should have services. UN fortunately some folks dont care. they say the "taxes are so low in ajijic why even complain". they also will never expect normal service from their condo complex, as the "dues are really low". i have lived in several places in ajijic, same passive attitude. one expat said the cityhall wanted some extra $$ to pickup in front of his house. garbage collection was only one day per week.  

On ‎8‎/‎7‎/‎2016 at 4:42 PM, Xena said:

Go to the people in a position to do something about your complaints and talk to them face to face? What?!?  ?

3 hours ago, bennie2 said:

is mr crowe st. a historical street? is this something that would attract tourists?

No

On 8/8/2016 at 3:36 PM, bennie2 said:

MC, the taxes in chapala are much lower, right? since they are higher in ajijic & going up, yes you should have services. UN fortunately some folks dont care. they say the "taxes are so low in ajijic why even complain". they also will never expect normal service from their condo complex, as the "dues are really low". i have lived in several places in ajijic, same passive attitude. one expat said the cityhall wanted some extra $$ to pickup in front of his house. garbage collection was only one day per week.  

The taxes in Chapala are not lower than in Ajijic.

Archived