Chapala.com Webboard

Requirements for Seguro Popular

Zeb

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty much the list of usual suspects as with most everything here: Copy and original of visa, passport, and utility bill proving your address. It seems we took our CURP cards last time we renewed but don't remember if they needed them or not, so take them anyway.

All of the above but you need the original card with your CURP number - one of us had it the other did not and we were able to have them use the CURP number that was on the INM card, but it was a struggle.  If you rent and the utilities are not in your name take the spanish copy of your lease and the utility bill.  Or go to the government office and get the residencial credential.  Spanish was not necessary.  Then you have to go back on the weekend when the english speaking doctor is there, ask at the main desk.  That does involve a 6am trip to get an afternoon appointment.

1 hour ago, mexpat06 said:

All of the above but you need the original card with your CURP number - one of us had it the other did not and we were able to have them use the CURP number that was on the INM card, but it was a struggle.  If you rent and the utilities are not in your name take the spanish copy of your lease and the utility bill.  Or go to the government office and get the residencial credential.  Spanish was not necessary.  Then you have to go back on the weekend when the english speaking doctor is there, ask at the main desk.  That does involve a 6am trip to get an afternoon appointment.

Don't have lease in Spanish, so I suppose I have to ask the landlord to provide that. 

2 hours ago, moonhill said:

Pretty much the list of usual suspects as with most everything here: Copy and original of visa, passport, and utility bill proving your address. It seems we took our CURP cards last time we renewed but don't remember if they needed them or not, so take them anyway.

Not sure what you mean by Visa as we are obviously Permanente.  The original visa was a Tourist visa and we no longer have that.

1 hour ago, mexpat06 said:

Where do we go to apply?  Not sure I understand the process.  We bring our documents and they don't give you the coverage on that visit?  We go back on the week-end to see a doctor and what does he do?

Your Residente Permanente card is your visa.

You should have a lease in Spanish, but if you do not, go to the palacio municipal with your lease and a copy of the electric or phone bill. Ask for a “comprobante de domocilio“.

Just got mine today.   You need a copy of your Passport, CURP, Visa Perrmanente and most recent electric bill. Find the SP office in the nearest Centro de Salud. They fill out everything and you just sign

There may be a policy under their "over 64 coverage". This seems fairly new, I am not over 64, so I haven't really checked it out. Senior health, and families, have always been the backbone of public health systems. Some say how a nation treats its seniors is the true measure of a nation's soul. That is why I wouldn't mind so much when the whole family shows up to help out Abuela or Abuelo. It is touching, and makes me proud I have chosen to live among Mexican people, sharing aches, pains, complaints. Ms. Chillin has told me after 40 years experience in Canadian care homes, it was such a heartache to see so many elderly, basically abandoned. Usually over some stupid family argument. Or worse - over money.

We get many people Seguro Popular who have temporary visas.  We also get the booklet which is needed along with the sign up sheet to be seen at hospitals without having to get up early and wait in line. 

4 hours ago, sparks said:

Just got mine today.   You need a copy of your Passport, CURP, Visa Perrmanente and most recent electric bill. Find the SP office in the nearest Centro de Salud. They fill out everything and you just sign

No lease in any language needed?  Where is the nearest Centro de Salud?  We live near Chapala. Did electric bill have to be in your name?

2 hours ago, Intercasa said:

We get many people Seguro Popular who have temporary visas.  We also get the booklet which is needed along with the sign up sheet to be seen at hospitals without having to get up early and wait in line. 

Do you have to ask for this booklet or is it provided at the time you sign up?

We get it the first time but normally you have to go back.

http://www.soniadiaz.mx/health-care.html

Age nor pre-existing conditions are not factors.

I have never had a client pay and in over 5 years about 1000 join. 

Applies to all legal residents. 

Seguro Popular web site lists requirements.

IMSS, ISSTE and SP are slowly starting to merge into one organization likely with IMSS and ISSTE first. 

In SMA policy issued in less than 10 minutes. Everyone gets a booklet if they want but it is in Spanish. To my clients I include a translation of the booklet. 

Of course many Americans will have an issue with SP and suspect will not want any part of what some call socialized medicine. 

Viva Mexico

Sonia

I am still asking the original question.  Where is the location of SP Centro de Salud or the list of locations?   There seems to be no consistency as to whether or not I need my lease and does it need to be in Spanish?  RV no longer lives here, so I  am not convinced I can rely on his information.

44 minutes ago, Zeb said:

I am still asking the original question.  Where is the location of SP Centro de Salud or the list of locations?   There seems to be no consistency as to whether or not I need my lease and does it need to be in Spanish?  RV no longer lives here, so I  am not convinced I can rely on his information.

My wife and I went with my Expat friend here in San Luis Potosi to sign him up with the Seguro Popular on Wednesday. He is on a Residente Temporal with a work permit. They needed his Residente Temporal card and a copy, his CURP card and a copy. They looked at his lease, in Spanish, and handed it back to him including the copy he gave them and sent him home to get his landlord´s water bill in her name, but said her Telmex, cable or CFE will also do, original and a copy. They asked him what education he had. They saw he was renting and didn´t ask the questionaire about his situation financially. They gave him the 3 year contract with no yearly fees due - free sign up for 3 years. They gave him his contract for membership and a letter with the name and address where he is to report to his local clinic to get his booklet and said take the contract. They gave him a copy of his contract and said cary this with you at all times and keep the original contract in a safe place. It took after waiting an hour and driving to get his proof of residence. the water bill, about 20 minutes.

3 hours ago, lcscats said:

Any resident which is FM2,FM3, temp, perm.  Not a tourist visa FMM/FMT.

lcscats, May I ask how you know someone who only has a tourist visa is not eligible?

26 minutes ago, Al Berca said:

Because SP is available only to residents of Mexico, not visitors.

Can you provide documentation or support of that?  

Archived