Chapala.com Webboard

Print Boarding Passes

leem

Can someone suggest a place where I can access a computer and print my airline boarding passes? I need someplace that is open in the evening since I have a conecting flight at 6:30 pm and the airline won't allow online checkin more than 24 hrs prior.  Thanks.

On my last two trips out of GDL (both this year), two different carriers (Volaris and United), both reprint the tickets at the ticket counter, even when you present the ones you printed beforehand.  Just check-in online, but don't sweat printing the ticket.  

Only advantage of pre-printing your boarding pass rather than getting it at the counter as far as I have found is that you can go straight to the INM counter to get your FMM card (for whatever immigration status you have),  rather than having to go back to it after standing in line at the airline check-in.

Over the past year plus when we have been traveling out of GDL to the US, both directly to a US city as well as though Mexico City, we have never had to show a boarding pass at the INM window. We just walk up with our passport, our residente visa and our filled out FMM form. 

18 minutes ago, rckrckr said:

I always go to INM first and they have never asked to see a boarding pass.

That's what I do.  When they hand out the immigratiin forms on the return flight I always take one so I have it for my next flight.  That way I can arrive at GDL with the form already filled out and go directly to the INM window then go to airline counter to check in.  

Thanks for all of your responses.  A couple more questions:  haven't been here for  a number of years and don't recall where the INM window is.  I am flying on American Airlines.  When I turn in my tourist visa form, I am recalling (maybe incorrectly) that I need to pay a fee in pesos?

23 minutes ago, leem said:

Thanks for all of your responses.  A couple more questions:  haven't been here for  a number of years and don't recall where the INM window is.  I am flying on American Airlines.  When I turn in my tourist visa form, I am recalling (maybe incorrectly) that I need to pay a fee in pesos?

If you are on a tourist visa you don't need to go to the immigration window, only those with permanent or temporal need to do this. If you are facing the ticket counters, American is located all the way down to the left. The agent there will staple your tourist visa to your boarding pass which they will take part of at the gate.

10 hours ago, sm1mex said:

Advantage of printing a boarding pass ahead of time is you can go directly to baggage drop.  Much shorter line.

My experience has been that I'm traveling internationally I need to go through the regular line anyway for a passport check rather than just go through baggage drop so printing boarding pass ahead of time doesn't make a difference.  Maybe it depends on the airlines.  

23 hours ago, leem said:

You did pay. It was included in your airline ticket. You bought a tourist visa. When/if you become temp/perm you can ask for this money back.  They will take the stub of paper you got from Immigration when you leave Mexico.  Don't lose it or you will have to pay a fine at Immigration. Folks with temp/perm visa follow a different procedure when leaving the country.

Archived