Chapala.com Webboard

Spam

For the last 2 days I have been receiving a lot of these messages in E-mail?

Cannot display full mail body.
You will see it when pushing (it said here but I erased it.)

Yahoo error messageID: 515248 (Thu Jul 28 10:02:59 2016)

WHy? Is this Spam or not?

Yahoo continues to get hacked internally, something that they will never admit. And because of that, we will never know what measures they take to prevent it. They like to let us believe, the poor unwashed, that our computers are being hacked. Not so.

So here's what's happened when you get that many emails: your contact list has been grabbed, and added to a master list being used by an email sales scam master. That scammer creates an email scamming package, which he then sells to anyone willing to buy. So all at once, a whole bunch of sub-level scammers have your contacts on their list, and they all fire off their scam. You in turn get a bunch of emails that all look the same, but come from different people (supposedly your friends). Except that they are now just names on a list.

My brother, who lives in MX, was suddenly in India needing money after he was robbed. E-mail  Hacked!!!  I have a very good, sometimes to good, anti-virus software.   But, I agree with johanson, when in doubt dump it.

Archived