Chapala.com Webboard

pot holes guadalajara

just a warning. horrendous pot holes close to el alamo. coming down the hill towards el alamo i hit one at 6.30 am. ruined a wheel. 3 hours for grua to arrive.

heading back to chapala pot holes are even worse from elektra building  until about hampton inn. . seems to happen every year.. terrible.

The rainy season is just an excuse.  Roads that are properly built and maintained don't crumble in the rain.  High and low temperatures are at least equally problematic and we have neither here.

I really think they should change the Jalisco State symbol to a bache.  This state has terrible roads and they've gotten significantly worse in the 7+ years we've been here.

Well, except for those pricey toll roads.

I continue to be shocked every time we take a trip "out of state" and find much better roads in many of the places we either drive or I ride my moto   And that includes several states that are considerably poorer than this one.

I saw a post from the Guadalajara city govt. about a new machine that applies a new asphalt mix that can be applied in the rain and is guaranteed for 2 years.  That Presidente is really on the ball for the city.  I can't hardly wait for the Jalisco governors term to be up so Alfaro can be elected the new governor.

Cedros, What! I thought all Americans remembered the Alamo (apologies, couldn't resist).

Los Alamos is the section of highway between the Periferico, and the turn off for Lazaro Cardenas and Tonala. Specifically, it is that topographic low just after the by pass fr the Tapatia Hotel and Residencia and is where all the buses stop, You will see a KFC and a used car tiange there, as well as a big pedestrian overhead (that no one seems to use). Failing these visuals, it is also where that massive traffic bottleneck occurs.

Hope this helps....its only roughed in by the blue circle....

Los Alamos.JPG

On 7/28/2016 at 9:02 PM, barcelonaman said:

Had spare but couldnt get the old one off. Was on too tight.

If the problem was with the nuts it helps to carry an 18 inch piece of pipe that snugly slides over that  short, dinky tire wrench that comes with most cars.    The extra length at least doubles the force you can put on it.    The mechanical advantage depends on the degree of overlap of the two pieces.    It will loosen anything an impact wrench has tightened.     You still may have to use a big rubber mallet or kick the tire to get the wheel loose from the car.  

Archived