Chapala.com Webboard

Driver with a SUV or van for ride to GDL

I know there are posts for great drivers in the past, but I am leaving very early in the AM in a few days for GDL. I have a lot of luggage, plus a medium-sized dog and a massive dog crate.  So a regular car or taxi won't work.

Right now a friend said he can drive me and he has a truck, but his truck seems....not terribly reliable.  I'd like to have a backup just in case. I need a driver with a van, pickup or a massive SUV that can accommodate 5 large suitcases/bags, a large dog crate (that we can disassemble for the drive) and the dog, and me, of course. Dog is too large to sit on my lap.

I also need the driver (and am happy to pay him extra) to park, come in with me and assist with the bags for check-in - no way can I do this on my own.

Any suggestions?

Call Ajijic Suites and talk to Elaine the owner.  Her partner (I forget his name but he is Mexican) has a large van and could probably help you out.  He picked up a number of us when we had to be at the aeropuerto at 4 am for a flight to Cuba via Mexico City.  I think his name is Luis -- but could be wrong.

Hope this helps....

I heartily recommend Luis Miramontes--the Miramontes family of Ajijic has offered reliable on-time transport here for many years. I just went to Guadalajara today with Luis; he was making 3 trips there today in his large van, and says he needs to hear from people a few days in advance, as he gets booked up. miramontes-transfer@hotmail.com

I heartily recommend Luis Miramontes--the Miramontes family of Ajijic has offered reliable on-time transport here for many years. I just went to Guadalajara today with Luis; he was making 3 trips there today in his large van, and says he needs to hear from people a few days in advance, as he gets booked up. miramontes-transfer@hotmail.com

Like thisHe sounds great.  Do you have his number?

Archived