Chapala.com Webboard

Chula Vista's Potable Water

I read somewhere that lower and upper Chula Vista have  potable water. They also have their own Neighborhood water purification system.  The question is if the system is reliable enough for one to be able to drink the water from the tap. How safe is it? Any thoughts and opinion from people who live in  Chula Vista?  

Thanks in advance for responses.

Their supply is from two wells. The water is not treated other than basic automated chlorination.

The chlorine levels are measured twice daily. Every quarter the water is lab tested by a ConAgua approved lab in Guadalajara - fecal, metals, bacteria, etc..

I've been drinking the water from the tap for 4 1/2 years. Just had my annual physical and other than glowing in the dark, I'm healthy as a horse.

The only regret is using such great water for general household use - showering, cleaning, irrigation.

SunFan  

I forgot to mention.

Other than the rare power failure we also get water 24X7X365.

The distribution system is gravity fed so it's only the odd resident who bothers with a pressure system for something like an irrigation system.

SunFan

6 hours ago, loumorel said:

I've been drinking the water straight from the tap here for ten years. Have never had a problem. It's one of the primary perks of living in this great community. 

Where do you live?

Archived