Chapala.com Webboard

Cydney's----Bad Experience

shielamex

I agree Travis! It seems that a lot of people revel in the negative! As I said in a earlier post, Sandi and I have eaten there many times and found both the food and the service to be really good! Thankyoufor your post. One more thing I noticed is that Cydney's thread began "bad experience", had it started "great sandwich", it might get a couple of hundred views and 3 or 4 posts. Because of the negative start, over 1500 views. The only thread with more is "french bakery closing", more negativity! It seems that a lot of people are drawn to the negative like " a moth to a flame"! Kinda sad don't cha think?

Hey guys... I apologize that some of you have been dissapointed with my place. I had some things to do this summer with my family, but I am back now and going to work on the kinks that my restaurant has. I will be closed this Monday and Tuesday for remodeling and training. Will open up Wednesday with much improvement... Thanks for understanding.

Cydney

13 hours ago, Cydney said:

Hey guys... I apologize that some of you have been dissapointed with my place. I had some things to do this summer with my family, but I am back now and going to work on the kinks that my restaurant has. I will be closed this Monday and Tuesday for remodeling and training. Will open up Wednesday with much improvement... Thanks for understanding.

Cydney

We don't think you owe anyone an apology! I don't think there are many employees that work as hard when the boss is gone as they do when the boss is there.

As I said earlier, there are those that dwell on the negative like gringagrinch that commented on your restaurant beingin a garage. If I remember correctly, that's hoe Perry started and he seems to be doing quite well!

Keep up the good work and we'll see you later this week!l

2 hours ago, CBGUY said:

We don't think you owe anyone an apology! I don't think there are many employees that work as hard when the boss is gone as they do when the boss is there.

As I said earlier, there are those that dwell on the negative like gringagrinch that commented on your restaurant beingin a garage. If I remember correctly, that's hoe Perry started and he seems to be doing quite well!

Keep up the good work and we'll see you later this week!l

Perry has been doing much better since he got out of the garage in an iffy, no-parking-spots neighborhood and moved to a good location.  I've nothing against starting a business in a garage, but the owner needs to be on board to make extra sure that things go as right as in a "regular" restaurant.

1 hour ago, gringal said:

Perry has been doing much better since he got out of the garage in an iffy, no-parking-spots neighborhood and moved to a good location.  I've nothing against starting a business in a garage, but the owner needs to be on board to make extra sure that things go as right as in a "regular" restaurant.

Now, it's my turn! Thank you Carl for the handle "gringagrinch", it's hilarious. Several people that live in that "iffy" neighborhood used to work at our restaurant. They are good, hard working, honest people and I'm sure they would love to hear your description of where they live. You should be ashamed of yourself!!!

56 minutes ago, heidinrick said:

Now, it's my turn! Thank you Carl for the handle "gringagrinch", it's hilarious. Several people that live in that "iffy" neighborhood used to work at our restaurant. They are good, hard working, honest people and I'm sure they would love to hear your description of where they live. You should be ashamed of yourself!!!

I'm not at all ashamed of myself.  I'm just calling it like I see it. "Let's pretend" has no place in an honest discussion.  I know they are good, etc.  Our contractor lives there and many of the guys who lived there worked on our house for months, so I also know they are hard working and honest.  By "iffy" I meant strictly that Perry was obviously trying to build a gringo clientele, and many gringos are not comfortable in a  working class Mexican neighborhood.  If you haven't figured that out by now, you're kidding youself.

If you want to call me names like "Gringagrinch", please bear in mind that's getting pretty personal and has no place in this forum.

15 hours ago, gringal said:

I'm not at all ashamed of myself.  I'm just calling it like I see it. "Let's pretend" has no place in an honest discussion.  I know they are good, etc.  Our contractor lives there and many of the guys who lived there worked on our house for months, so I also know they are hard working and honest.  By "iffy" I meant strictly that Perry was obviously trying to build a gringo clientele, and many gringos are not comfortable in a  working class Mexican neighborhood.  If you haven't figured that out by now, you're kidding youself.

If you want to call me names like "Gringagrinch", please bear in mind that's getting pretty personal and has no place in this forum.

15 hours ago, gringal said:

This will be my last comment on this subject. Cydney is like a daughter to us and I completely understand people writing in that their burger was over cooked or it took too long to receive their food. When we had our restaurant, comments like these helped us improve. What I don't understand is someone writing, and I quote, " it's probably the natural result of trying to run a restaurant out of a garage"! That's just being malicious!

I didn't come up with the new name. I merely commented that I thought it was hilarious and, I still do!

Archived