Chapala.com Webboard

Pulling teeth

It has come to my attention that I need to have a tooth pulled. Could someone recommend a GREAT dentist that is careful and does it right. I just don't want to end up with a lot of issues and wish I had found another dentist and asked a lot of people. I know they are all "good", but I need the best, b/c I am a chicken with pain and I have medical issues as well. Just need some names and phone numbers, please. It would help if you could tell me why you think this dentist is GREAT! THANKS a bunch~

For the past 15 years I I have been going to  Ajijic Dental - Dr. Rosio Vidrio. Plaza San Juan. Upstairs across from Telmex. 

Have had cleanings, fillings, crowns, one extraction and a bridge done by her. Super attention to detail. A great dentist!

Dra. Candy in her new office just west of HSBC across from Wal Mart.  She will give you a free consultation and show you your problem with her television camera she puts in your mouth and you can see your teeth on the t.v. screen.  I have had years of dental work and she is one of the best.

I've had two teeth pulled in my lifetime, both molars which had fractured. One was pulled by my family dentist in the US at the end of his career in which he had pulled thousands of teeth as he made yearly mission trips to Mexico and Central American where he pulled a LOT of teeth.

The other tooth was pulled by Dra. Pilar at Dr. Haro's office. The roots were deep and she told me that she wanted to do it very slowly and be certain to do it correctly and GENTLY. She was wonderful!!! She made sure I was very numb and she took her time. She was just as adept as my very experienced DDS in the US.

I'm guessing that you could get an appointment sooner with her than Dr. Barragan, also an excellent dentist.

I too must cast a vote for Dr.Eloy Barragan.  I had a complete make-over done by him over the course of about a year, crowns, implants, root canals, etc. Several appointments at a time, between trips back home to Canada.  I too was terrified of dentists, which is why my teeth were in such bad shape, but I actually fell asleep in his chair one morning while he was doing 3 root canals on my front teeth.  Highly recommend him

Ajijic Dental - Dr. Rocio Vidrio. Plaza San Juan. Upstairs across from Telmex.   My husband had dentures with many teeth pulled, my mom had bridges and I have had cavities filled and taken care of by Rocio.  She is by far the most competent and wonderful dentist I have dealt with here at the lake imo.

On July 18, 2016 at 3:03 PM, sm1mex said:

Dra. Candy in her new office just west of HSBC across from Wal Mart.  She will give you a free consultation and show you your problem with her television camera she puts in your mouth and you can see your teeth on the t.v. screen.  I have had years of dental work and she is one of the best.

I like Dra. Candy as well, but since we're talking about extractions here, I would add that, when I saw Dra. Candy about a year ago, she said that she does not do extractions herself. She brings someone into her office to perform that particular procedure. 

Dr. Candy is in the process of installing a crown on a rear molar. I didn't even feel the needles and I'm a BIG wus especially when it comes to dentists. She paused frequently to let me regroup, told me what was going on, she's great. Crown to be installed early next week and I''m not expecting any difficulties. I've had several friends get work done by Dr. Candy and she is excellent.  FYI - her new place of business is between Casa Gourmet and the Sushi place (facing Walmart) at Centro Laguna. 

On 7/18/2016 at 0:55 PM, bbnewbie said:

It has come to my attention that I need to have a tooth pulled. Could someone recommend a GREAT dentist that is careful and does it right. I just don't want to end up with a lot of issues and wish I had found another dentist and asked a lot of people. I know they are all "good", but I need the best, b/c I am a chicken with pain and I have medical issues as well. Just need some names and phone numbers, please. It would help if you could tell me why you think this dentist is GREAT! THANKS a bunch~

The tops teeth are easy it's the bottom molars that are more difficult.    Best well wishes for you!    Sounds like you have a few good options. :)

On 7/18/2016 at 3:03 PM, sm1mex said:

She is right by Steren if this will help as a point of reference.

Archived